Asia 2024 - Something Interesting at Play....

jeremybe

14 hours ago, mahdnc said:

We are on the Dec 22 2023 Solstice (Singapore to Hong Kong) sailing.  After 3 consecutive years of cancellations, I feel confident about this one actually sailing as long as the geopolitical situation doesn't significantly worsen.  We have our flights, hotels, and some tours lined up.  We are ready to go.

It’s Millennium that is the problem , not Solstice

29 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

It’s Millennium that is the problem, not Solstice

If you read my comment, I made the booking while on Solstice but we are booked to go on Millenium. The cruise consultant and all crew said both ships are headed to Asia after Alaska this summer so who knows....

26 minutes ago, russianmom said:

If you read my comment, I made the booking while on Solstice but we are booked to go on Millenium. The cruise consultant and all crew said both ships are headed to Asia after Alaska this summer so who knows....

Whoops, my apologies, I did misread your post.  Sorry.

So did you understand it that both ships would be in Asia, but not specifically in Japan (millennium).  Most interested in March/April, which is after your cruise, but any insight appreciated.

Edited by cruisestitch

59 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

It’s Millennium that is the problem , not Solstice

How is the Millennium a "problem"? I had 4/21 booked and moved it to 5/15.  It's a little late in the game for them to be canceling, knowing people are starting to book flights, etc.

21 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Whoops, my apologies, I did misread your post.  Sorry.

So did you understand it that both ships would be in Asia, but not specifically in Japan (millennium).  Most interested in March/April, which is after your cruise, but any insight appreciated.

No worries! There was no ports specifically mentioned just when I was on MIlle last month and Solstice last week both cruise consultants and all crew kept talking about how exciting it was that both ships were headed to Asia ( lots of crew from Indonesia/Malaysia) after the Alaska season this summer. 

On 4/18/2023 at 10:32 AM, hubofhockey said:

How is the Millennium a "problem"? I had 4/21 booked and moved it to 5/15.  It's a little late in the game for them to be canceling, knowing people are starting to book flights, etc.

And yet, they are now bumping people off of cruises in September and October and November.  Those passengers are very likely to have booked flights and hotels.  Talk about late in the game to be cancelling!

• Like 2

On 3/31/2023 at 4:25 PM, Bruin Steve said:

They are NOT REARRANGING IT, CANCELING IT, DOING ANY "INVENTORY MAINTENANCE".or anything else.  They have merely sold as many cabins as they have and as many "guarantee" bookings as they are willing to gamble on having enough existing bookings cancel to open up.  DONE. There is NO "transparency" issue because there is nothing going on here.

If you are booked on this cruise, just sit back relax and wait.  If you are NOT boooked on this cruise but want to be on it, keep checking ...and pray...but, maybe, pick another date when they actually have a vilable bookings and book one of those.

Don't be paranoid!!!

Any “insight” into the current situation for the folks who are being told that their booking has been canceled by Celebrity?

20 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

Any “insight” into the current situation for the folks who are being told that their booking has been canceled by Celebrity?

Yeah.  I am on Infinity right now--doing a Tranatlantic, Rio to Lisbon.  When I saw the recent reports, I went down to the Future Cruises desk and asked.  They hadn't heard anything...but the department head called corporate in Miami. (Difficult to call my own contacts in Miami while I'm on the cruise).  The explanation was that, NO, the cruises are NOT canceled.  They merely had a computer error and double booked a number of cabins...and, the way these cruises had filled up, they don't believe they will have the typical percentage of late cancelations.  So, rather than string people along further and in order to clean up the bookings, they decided to go ahead and cancel one of each of the double bookings, giving people some time to book something else.  They checked specifically into my bookings and assured me that my cabin on my B2B sailings were not among those double-booked.  Obviously, knowing they've screwed up once means I cannot be certain they won't screw up again--so I won't be entirely comfortable until I'm on the ship.  They also said that if you haven't been notified by now, you are likely safe.  The cruises WILL happen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

So they started canceling people without regard to the fact that some had back to back cruises and lost one leg, and some had linked Reservations with other passengers.  Lame.

And now I can predict a scenario where, due to natural attrition, some rooms will become available on those cruises and will show up on the website and Travel agent site as being available to book.  Imagine how those who were involuntarily bumped will feel at that point.

Edited by cruisestitch

One of my issues with this problem is that Celebrity knew about this for months and did not deal with it when they knew about it.  Instead they kicked the can down the road.

I am not sure that we still know about the full extent of the issue.

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 1