Excursion booked then not booked

zitsky

We tried to get on a sold out excursion by talking to the TA and Shore Ex desk.  This morning the phone app / planner showed we were booked.  This afternoon it went back to Sold Out.  I should have snapped a picture.  Thought I could count on the planner.  Hahaha.  Anyone see this?  How did you resolve it?  Of course I have emailed the Shore Ex desk and TA about this!

5 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

Have you paid any money or used OBC. If yes, that should have secured the excursion.

I get your point exactly.  Hence reaching out to shorex desk.  I looked for a charge this morning on my credit card but didn’t see one.  No one reached out for any credit card info.  Don’t they already have it if I’ve been booking excursions?  I’ll wait to hear from Celebrity.

It’s not the end of the world.  We can go private.  Just disappointing when you see your name there, then it’s gone.  I’ll take a picture next time.

Edited by zitsky

Last time I booked a ship excursion (Oct 2022) online I was asked for a credit card to pay for the excursion. I also received an email receipt within 5 mins of making the reservation. Same thing happened when I made dinner reservations. 

3 minutes ago, kathynorth said:

Last time I booked a ship excursion (Oct 2022) online I was asked for a credit card to pay for the excursion. I also received an email receipt within 5 mins of making the reservation. Same thing happened when I made dinner reservations. 

Thanks.  I’m asking if anyone has booked an excursion through the shorex department.  I have booked excursions before.

This isn’t quite the same situation, however I had a problem booking one excursion for our last cruise. Able to book others but one wouldn’t go through. The Captain’s club was able to book it over the phone. If you haven’t tried them yet it might be worth a shot. 

Edited by sunpsyche

3 hours ago, zitsky said:

We tried to get on a sold out excursion by talking to the TA and Shore Ex desk.  This morning the phone app / planner showed we were booked.  This afternoon it went back to Sold Out.  I should have snapped a picture.  Thought I could count on the planner.  Hahaha.  Anyone see this?  How did you resolve it?  Of course I have emailed the Shore Ex desk and TA about this!

If I remember correctly you have done this before.  Why would you assume you could book a sold out excursion?  Think they were telling you that to just get rid of you?

29 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

If not for bad luck some people have no luck. Sorry you lost your excursion.

Well I don’t consider it mine but I appreciate the comment.  I will call Celebrity this week to ask about it.

On 11/6/2022 at 8:42 PM, LMHSRN said:

If I remember correctly you have done this before.  Why would you assume you could book a sold out excursion?  Think they were telling you that to just get rid of you?

I think I should get on a sold out tour because I found my original order confirmation and I see I booked it originally before Celebrity admitted to canceling my cruise incorrectly.

Maybe I asked about it before.  Maybe not.  I’ve only taken a few cruises with Celebrity and don’t recall.

Edited by zitsky

So I haven't heard anything from Celebrity today, but I saw that the excursion I had previously booked was available again this afternoon, so I booked it right away.  I have to assume they added capacity, but I have not received any email or phone call from Celebrity saying this.  I think sending in my original order confirmation might have made the difference.  Or they could already have been working on this before I sent that email.  At least now my schedule is back to what it was.