Wine

You can bring as many bottles as you want, subject to a $20 per bottle corkage fee as explained on the HAL website.

Guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages on board for consumption or any other use except as follows:

Guests 21 years and older may bring Wine and Champagne onboard, however a corkage fee of USD $20.00 (which is subject to change without notice) will be applied to each bottle (max 750 ml in volume or less). Limitations apply. Wine brought in quantities deemed to be excessive by the vessel or security will be refused.

Has anyone been lucky enough to embark when there was no "Wine Fee Table" in operation?

This has happened to us many times when boarding a Princess cruise, the table was either not operating yet, or the crew failed to set it up. So we didn't have to pay the corkage fee.

I was somewhat amused when boarding in San Diego last month to see a cluster of about 20 of the little single-serving prosecco bottles sitting on the wine table in the terminal.  I imagine someone figured out to their dismay that paying $20 per "bottle" of those didn't make much sense.  

In our boarding you could have ignored the table (you had to be looking for it), but we planned to use the wine we brought in the dining room in any case so we paid and had it tagged.  Slightly annoying to have to pay 18% service charge on top of the corkage.    

6 minutes ago, curmudgeon98 said:

Slightly annoying to have to pay 18% service charge on top of the corkage

The corkage of $20 is not subject to the service charge.  It is not correct that you were charged $23.60 as the fee is $20.  I have read previously that this has been charged in San Diego, but not elsewhere.

3 hours ago, Scotto97 said:

Has anyone been lucky enough to embark when there was no "Wine Fee Table" in operation?

This has happened to us many times when boarding a Princess cruise, the table was either not operating yet, or the crew failed to set it up. So we didn't have to pay the corkage fee.

We lucked out on HA, one time in Tampa and the other in Fort Lauderdale.  No table was set up yet so security said move on. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, curmudgeon98 said:

I was somewhat amused when boarding in San Diego last month to see a cluster of about 20 of the little single-serving prosecco bottles sitting on the wine table in the terminal.  I imagine someone figured out to their dismay that paying $20 per "bottle" of those didn't make much sense.  

In our boarding you could have ignored the table (you had to be looking for it), but we planned to use the wine we brought in the dining room in any case so we paid and had it tagged.  Slightly annoying to have to pay 18% service charge on top of the corkage.    

I get the same amusement when getting off the  ship in Fort Lauderdale. At the customs table sits 47 apples and 19 oranges. This is after the Captain has made 37 announcements telling

people to not bring fruit off the ship. They Walk Among Us

• Like 1
  • Haha 3