Day before cruise arrival in Orlando

I'm contemplating arriving a day before my cruise departs, just in case (Friday instead of Saturday)  Are there any budget friendly, safe, clean options to stay just Friday night in Orlando/Cape Canaveral and are there any bargains out there for port/airport transfers?

Thanks

I stayed at the La Quinta in Orlando for my cruise last month.  Spent $100 for the room, and they have a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel.  there are plenty of shuttle companies, but I use Cortrans.  Their shuttle is $30 each way.  So you can have them pick you up from the hotel and drop you off at the airport after your cruise.

• 3 weeks later...

Can't comment on transfers as we rented a car for our Port Canaveral Cruise, but we found a Hilton in Cocoa Beach for about $100 for the night. Very nice and safe location. We spent the day in Orlando sightseeing and had lunch, and I am glad we chose to end the day and stay closer to the port that night, honestly. I didn't like Orlando that much and traffic was crazy, so I'm happy to have not dealt with it even if I wasn't driving myself to the port in the morning. 

That being said, if you rent a car, we did Avis from the airport and dropped off at the Port Canaveral location. They have a shuttle to the port. 

I stayed at EVEN Hotel Orlando airport & also took Cortrans for $50RT.

It is easier (and usually cheaper) to stay in Orlando as most shuttles only run in the mornings. 

Far too many shuttle companies have BAD reviews in Orlando. Cortrans was the only one that didn't. They are a small family run company. My driver to the port took a job during COVID but works when he can for the company when he is off as he likes the family so much! They did a great job.

• 1 month later...

We always stop in Titusville and stay at the Days Inn.  It's literally right off the highway and about 30 minutes to Port Canaveral the next morning, which is an acceptable drive.  Days Inn is very basic, but clean and in good repair -- and the cost is something like $85/night, which includes a small breakfast.  If that's not enough breakfast, they have an IHOP literally IN the hotel, and you can walk to a Popeye's Chicken across the parking lot or a steak house about a block down the road.  Across the street is a Cracker Barrel.  

If you're driving from the North, I highly recommend this spot.