Suggestions for long day on Return

RyeOnIce

We are arriving back in New Orleans on Dec 17.  Early off the ship and late plane departure that same day. We were hoping that RCCL would have a tour available that day that takes you and your luggage on a tour of the city for the day and drop you off at the airport.  They do not offer one on this cruise.  Any suggestions for luggage storage and tours to kill the day.

36 minutes ago, RyeOnIce said:

Any suggestions for luggage storage and tours to kill the day.

I don't even know if you need a tour unless there's something specific you want to see-- New Orleans is fairly easy to get into mischief on your own. Personally I would find a nice, centrally located hotel near the Quarter to grab breakfast or an early lunch in and use them to check my bags. As long as you are buying a meal from them they'll store your bags for a nice tip to the bellman. The ones that I have experience doing this with are the Ritz, The Roosevelt, and The Monteleone. Although I think any 4 or 5 star would do this. 

Then spend the balance of the day walking around and doing some light sightseeing, eating, and drinking before heading to the airport. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

There is the National World War II museum that is quite interesting. Also, when we had two teenage grandkids in tow, we took them to Mardi Gras World. That's where the floats are built and they have a number of former ones also on site. (I assume this has reopened since the pandemic) You even get a free slice of King Cake. It is very easy to get around New Orleans  either on foot or by using their trolley/tram.