$600.00 Covid OBC expired?

lrk

Hi.  I just got off the phone with my PCP ready to finally book my cruise again after being canceled  due to Covid in 2020.  I opted to let them keep me money as I knew I would be sailing Carnival again.  I  has two rooms booked initially and was told I would get a $600.00 per room OBC.  Tonight when I mentioned it during my booking, I was told those credits had just expired a couple of months ago.....?  He said I got an email but I couldn't find it.  Does anyone know when these OBC credits expired?  I guess conveniently when vaccine mandates were dropped and many could cruise again?

• Haha 1

I feel extremely lucky.  We finally booked our first covid cruise last month.  

Because we had paid for our entire cancelled cruise with the allstate gift cards, we asked for the FCC and $1200 OBC for 2 cabins.

However, even though that's what we put on the form, we got a full refund in gift cards.  I complained to our TA, and they didn't know how it happened, as they submitted the form for us asking for the FCC.

Well, they couldn't reverse it, but, to apologize, they gave us an extra $300 to use in the future.

We wound up with our full refund  + $300, which we wouldn't have if we got the FCC we asked for!

4 hours ago, lrk said:

So what happens if a person does not book by the cut off date in May 21 or March 22?  I am confused which one it was.  Does that person lose the FFC as well?

Not at all.  Any money that YOU put up is still there.  The only thing 'lost' was Carnival's 'thank you contribution' of $600/$300 for not asking for a full refund when the shutdown occurred..

Edited by jsglow