Medallion has not arrived

habita

5 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

y'all, I just got an email that our medallions shipped for our Nov 19 cruise. We are 5 days out. No way we are going to get them in time...

And the tracking number says it's invalid.

Same here. 

On 11/10/2022 at 12:44 AM, J13C85 said:

Our cruise is in 16 days and the status for my medallion order reads "not shipped".  Losing ootomism about these being delivered on time.

We received ours yesterday, woo hoo.

On 11/13/2022 at 3:47 PM, jfgdbg said:

We also are sailing November 19 and received an email the medallions had been sent. And also the tracking number says the one we have is invalid. 

Why are you worrying?  Pick them up at the pier.  Will take less time than your post.

I found it took about 3 seconds to put my medallion in my pocket.

• Like 1

We cruise on 11/19 and still no medallion. We sailed on Princess last November and received them 2 weeks before the cruise. Just imagine if we were to fly out a few days early and not received them. This is just plain stupid; they should have been sent out 2 weeks in advance. Covid's done no excuses. Shame on Princess.

Edited by Eddie1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Eddie1 said:

We cruise on 11/19 and still no medallion. We sailed on Princess last November and received them 2 weeks before the cruise. Just imagine if we were to fly out a few days early and not received them. This is just plain stupid; they should have been sent out 2 weeks in advance. Covid's done no excuses. Shame on Princess.

Yeah, we are sailing on 11/19.   I think most of us received the same email with the same invalid tracking number.  Would I like to have my medallion so that I don't have to wait in line?  Absolutely!  But, it's a small blip in the grand scheme of things.  We will get on the ship and we will have a wonderful time!

• Like 1

On 11/11/2022 at 4:17 PM, wrongwaywatson said:

We are on the same Nov 19th Enchanted cruise.  On Wednesday ours said that it shipped, today it says "pick up at port".   I agree, it's not a big deal, but I was a little disappointed.  I like getting it in the mail, it just reinforces that we are in "cruise mode", LOL.  

I called two weeks ago and they told me they would arrive yesterday. Mine now says pick up at port also. Will slow down the boarding process which is starting late to begin with. 

21 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

the medallions are coming from overseas - China or Singapore, so it's obviously the supplier's problem. Not "shame on Princess."

Last I heard they were mailed from Miami. If Princess can't do the little things, they will have problems with the big things. I have heard of major issues with the medallion. When we sailed last Dec. at 45% capacity it worked great, now with capacity at almost full it has major problems. The medallion was supposed to be the future, well it seems from previous posts and Youtubes they have major issues. As I said, Shame on Princess.

On 11/11/2022 at 3:46 PM, Arizona Wildcat said:

Why disappointed?   Are the medallions useful before you board?  I am loss prone and have misplaced several medallions.   They laugh and give me a new one.

PS we will pick up ours at the pier.  Lots easier.  No stress.  They will have plenty of them at checkin.

Disappointed because, I heard when only a few passengers didn't get the medallions on time, it wasn't an issue. Now imagine 3500 passengers waiting for their medallions. We will have issues.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Eddie1 said:

When we sailed last Dec. at 45% capacity it worked great, now with capacity at almost full it has major problems.

we sailed on a medallion cruise back in 2019 on Regal, at full capacity, and didn't have any problems. What problems specifically are you referring to?

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Eddie1 said:

Last I heard they were mailed from Miami. If Princess can't do the little things, they will have problems with the big things. I have heard of major issues with the medallion. When we sailed last Dec. at 45% capacity it worked great, now with capacity at almost full it has major problems. The medallion was supposed to be the future, well it seems from previous posts and Youtubes they have major issues. As I said, Shame on Princess.

No way they mail from Miami, I live 2 hours from Miami and ours took 10 days to get here. It also had an origin address of California. 

Also, only my husband’s medallion came in my package, not mine. *****? 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, flaminog said:

No way they mail from Miami, I live 2 hours from Miami and ours took 10 days to get here. It also had an origin address of California. 

Also, only my husband’s medallion came in my package, not mine. *****? 

The turtle probably got tired. Weight limit meant only one medallion.

We are leaving on 12/2. Today, 11/16 i got an email saying that the shipping info was passed to USPS on 11/12 and that the package had arrived at their shipping partner in Carson, CA on 11/14. The last thing that I had that went to that facility took 10 days to leave it. We will see.

• Like 1

On 11/16/2022 at 3:16 PM, Itchy&Scratchy said:

well, we didn't have an issue when all the passengers had to get plastic cards, why would we have an issue with the medallions?

These are not cards. These are pre-loaded devices. I guess there is no difference between buying a phone card and getting a new phone with all the information transferred to a new phone. The issue is simple we were told we would get these devices mailed to us. Last year we had these devices mailed to us over 2 weeks before sailing. Last week we were e-mailed that the medallions were mailed. Now 8 days later we have not received them. I guess it is too hard for Princess to e-mail us there was a problem and to pick them up at the pier. Yet 25 hours before departure no word from Princess. We have sail Princess for over 20 years, this is a new low. You get the service you pay for. Things happen but no word from them, you have a lower expectations of a premier cruise line then I had been accustomed to.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Eddie1 said:

These are not cards. These are pre-loaded devices. I guess there is no difference between buying a phone card and getting a new phone with all the information transferred to a new phone. The issue is simple we were told we would get these devices mailed to us. Last year we had these devices mailed to us over 2 weeks before sailing. Last week we were e-mailed that the medallions were mailed. Now 8 days later we have not received them. I guess it is too hard for Princess to e-mail us there was a problem and to pick them up at the pier. Yet 25 hours before departure no word from Princess. We have sail Princess for over 20 years, this is a new low. You get the service you pay for. Things happen but no word from them, you have a lower expectations of a premier cruise line then I had been accustomed to.

The medallion IS a card. It has the same information on it as the room cards. It has a serial number. All the rest of the information is in the computer referenced by the serial number. This is why you can still get an old style card if you want.

This is a very trivial thing to even think about.