Check in times

sddsddean

I'm sure this has been asked before, so apologies!

How strict are P&O on check in time? We are in a Southampton hotel night before, so will probably be booted out about 11am and check in is 2:30pm, so we'd have 3 and a half hours to kill. Do we risk going a bit early?

Simon

We travelled with P&O a month ago and had a mid afternoon check in time, we like you had stayed in Southampton the night before. We turned up at 11.30 and checked in. We did have to wait for an hour in the waiting area before security and boarding to let all of the priority boarding people board first.

2 hours ago, sddsddean said:

I'm sure this has been asked before, so apologies!

How strict are P&O on check in time? We are in a Southampton hotel night before, so will probably be booted out about 11am and check in is 2:30pm, so we'd have 3 and a half hours to kill. Do we risk going a bit early?

Simon

Most hotels have a lobby or coffee shop area where you can sit and relax after vacating your room. So there is no need to worry about being "booted out".

• Like 1

Any idea what times the priority boarding is as obviously the higher loyalty tiers go first. 

Depending on traffic I may end up there early or later than expected. If it’s earlier I’d rather not try to find somewhere to sit in Southampton with two kids in tow. Thinking maybe 1pm- our boarding is 2pm but I don’t like to risk driving down too late

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

Braver than me ! 

Guess now that I'm old I like to give myself plenty of time ! 

feel like we’ve done this run a few times now we usually give a few hours leyway. Iona final

check in is 4.30 so we should have loads of time. Only traffic so far is the m40

listening to 80s rock so having a good Saturday morning so far. Only 1hr 35mins to go but need to stop for lunch. 

although I’m not sure if I am going to like iona with that many people on. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

feel like we’ve done this run a few times now we usually give a few hours leyway. Iona final

check in is 4.30 so we should have loads of time. Only traffic so far is the m40

listening to 80s rock so having a good Saturday morning so far. Only 1hr 35mins to go but need to stop for lunch. 

although I’m not sure if I am going to like iona with that many people on. 

I'm sure you'll be fine, especially after your update. 

I just still have nightmares about traffic jams on the A34 from my days working in Newbury !

42 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

We just stopped at chieveley I think. 30mins more driving for my poor hubby who refuses to let me drive 😂 

If your husband can get from Chieveley to Southampton in 30 minutes, he'll be "flashed " by every speed camera he passes !

• Haha 1