LHR to Southampton coach?

craig01020

Good afternoon all,

First timer to England here. Flying from Toronto to Heathrow next May on Air Canada, scheduled to arrive on a Friday at 8:35 am (I think in terminal 2)

Is it possible to catch a National Express bus directly to Southampton from terminal 2?  Do I need to purchase tickets in advance?

Thanks.

Hi Craig,

Yes, there are direct and inexpensive (£20 - £25) Nat Express buses to Southampton, but frequency isn't great.

From T2 or T3 you have a 10 -15 minute well-signed and covered walk to board the bus at Heathrow Central Bus Station.

Yes, do pre-book, and allow a bare minimum of 2 hours between flight arrival and bus departure.

Travel time is up to two hours. Southampton coach station is under 10 minutes by taxi to any cruise terminal or city centre hotel. 

https://www.nationalexpress.com/en

JB 🙂

Edited by John Bull
  • Thanks 1

Adding my questions in here bc it is to do with the National Express bus. We are landing approx 0910 in Terminal 5. I know we have to go through passport control and immigration.Will not be retrieving luggage as we are carryon only. Would we be safe in pre-booking for 1100 bus to Southampton? And how do we find the bus pick up area?  

Thanks. Looking forward to our second time in Europe!

1 hour ago, jrmende63 said:

Adding my questions in here bc it is to do with the National Express bus. We are landing approx 0910 in Terminal 5. I know we have to go through passport control and immigration.Will not be retrieving luggage as we are carryon only. Would we be safe in pre-booking for 1100 bus to Southampton? And how do we find the bus pick up area?  

Thanks. Looking forward to our second time in Europe!

You should have plenty of time, although “safe” is an absolute that is impossible to give 😀

National Express have services directly from T5. 

After you exit airside into the public arrivals hall, leave the terminal building through the way out directly in front of you, passing between the lifts for the car park. There are numerous numbered bus stands on the roads outside (it is still under cover) - National Express use 11-15, which will be to the left on the first road, so no need to cross any. 

Edited by Cotswold Eagle
  • Thanks 1

Just to add to Eagle's info, go to this link https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CAQQw7AJahcKEwjA6a6i2bD7AhUAAAAAHQAAAAAQAw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.heathrow.com%2Fcontent%2Fdam%2Fheathrow%2Fweb%2Fcommon%2Fdocuments%2Fat-the-airport%2Fairport-maps%2FHeathrow_T5_Map.pdf&psig=AOvVaw1gfTftAIT4OdRUsCIoY-LA&ust=1668619056973203

and scroll down to the last map. You will be coming out of 18 (in green) International arrivals and 'walking' down the map to the 'Entrance' in the centre.Walk to your left (which is right on the map!) and you will come to bus stops 11-15. On the map, grey is pavement (thats  a sidewalk to you) and white is the roadway. All as clear as mud!!

Simon

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Cotswold Eagle said:

You should have plenty of time, although “safe” is an absolute that is impossible to give 😀

National Express have services directly from T5. 

After you exit airside into the public arrivals hall, leave the terminal building through the way out directly in front of you, passing between the lifts for the car park. There are numerous numbered bus stands on the roads outside (it is still under cover) - National Express use 11-15, which will be to the left on the first road, so no need to cross any. 

6 hours ago, sddsddean said:

Just to add to Eagle's info, go to this link https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CAQQw7AJahcKEwjA6a6i2bD7AhUAAAAAHQAAAAAQAw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.heathrow.com%2Fcontent%2Fdam%2Fheathrow%2Fweb%2Fcommon%2Fdocuments%2Fat-the-airport%2Fairport-maps%2FHeathrow_T5_Map.pdf&psig=AOvVaw1gfTftAIT4OdRUsCIoY-LA&ust=1668619056973203

and scroll down to the last map. You will be coming out of 18 (in green) International arrivals and 'walking' down the map to the 'Entrance' in the centre.Walk to your left (which is right on the map!) and you will come to bus stops 11-15. On the map, grey is pavement (thats  a sidewalk to you) and white is the roadway. All as clear as mud!!

Simon

Thank you so much. This has helped me tremendously.