Holland America Black Friday 2022 deals announced

Sigyn

Here is what HAL is offering on Black Friday:

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/holland-america-lines-black-friday-offer-includes-crew-appreciation-and-up-to-40-off-cruise-fares-301674779.html

Holland America Line is getting into the holiday spirit early this year with a "Black Friday Offer" that start Nov. 17 and runs through Nov. 27, 2022. Guests who book select cruises starting from 2022 holiday sailings will receive prepaid stateroom crew appreciation (gratuities) and have access to up to 40% off cruise-only fares.The offer is combinable with Holland America Line's Have It All premium cruise package that includes four popular perks: shore excursions, a beverage package, specialty dining and Wi-Fi. 

The crew appreciation is applicable for the first and second guest in a stateroom. Travelers can take advantage of the offer starting with the holiday 2022 sailings through open 2024 cruises, excluding Grand Voyages and itineraries less than five days. 

Reduced cruise fares up to 40% off are available on a variety of worldwide itineraries spanning Alaska, the Caribbean, northern Europe, the Mediterranean, Canada/New England, Asia, Australia/New Zealand, South America, Hawaii and Tahiti, Mexico, the Pacific Coast and Panama Canal. Alaska Cruisetours, which combine an Alaska cruise with an overland tour to Denali and the Yukon, also are included in the offer.

Guests who book with the Have It All premium fare get even more amenities included in their booking.

• Based on the length of the cruise, guests receive up to three shore excursions valued at $100 each. Choose from among thousands of tours all over the world – from active adventures and immersive culinary experiences to historical explorations and cultural discoveries.
  • With the Signature Beverage Package, guests enjoy a large selection of wine, beer, spirits, cocktails, soda, coffee and more, including bar service charges.
  • Depending on the ship and duration of the cruise, guests can indulge in Holland America Line's award-winning specialty dining up to three nights. Pinnacle Grill is the ultimate steakhouse at sea, while Tamarind showcases the traditions of Southeast Asia, China and Japan. Canaletto serves authentic Italian cuisine.
  • A Wi-Fi Surf Package keeps travelers connected while away from home. With Holland America Line's most popular package, guests can visit their favorite sites, including e-mail, news, sports and more.

Edited by njsmom
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 11
  • Haha 1

I’m looking at an Alaska cruise out of Seattle on Jun 17th on the Eurodam and under the current “have it all” promotion my cost to pick my own cabin on deck 6 would be $1869 pp.  The have it all includes a $500 OBC per cabin, a $100 per person shore excursion credit, the drink package, a specialty dining experience, and free Wi-Fi.

I’d be willing to bet that $500 OBC will disappear or be reduced so they can include the Crew Appreciation in the Black Friday Sale.

• Like 2

I checked HAL's  web page for cruises we have an interest in.  Some of the bookings say "Included Have it all" while others say "available Have it all."  So I am thinking it will be "included on a very select few sailings.  Maybe on cruises they traditionally have trouble filling up the ships.  

• Like 1

No reduced deposits this year.

Last night I was looking at an Alaskan cruise in June and the costs on HAL's site didn't make sense.  When I got to the final total there was an extra $398 in the total cost that was unaccounted for.  I didn't plan to book anyway until Black Friday so I will wait and see what happens.

47 minutes ago, cbr663 said:

No reduced deposits this year.

Last night I was looking at an Alaskan cruise in June and the costs on HAL's site didn't make sense.  When I got to the final total there was an extra $398 in the total cost that was unaccounted for.  I didn't plan to book anyway until Black Friday so I will wait and see what happens.

Do you think the Alaska offers are then better? Whe have now the free train ride in skagway worth 149 pp and 75 obc each person. We dont have pricedrops in the netherlands.

3 hours ago, SweetsugarNL said:

Do you think the Alaska offers are then better? Whe have now the free train ride in skagway worth 149 pp and 75 obc each person. We dont have pricedrops in the netherlands.

I haven't any idea.  Right now there are only 2 pricing options on its website for Canadians.  We are not interested in the Have It All price at all and the Best Price has a non-refundable deposit which also doesn't interest us.  So I will need to call them to get the pricing for a refundable deposit.

We have been to Alaska before and have taken the White Pass Summit Railway Excursion.  It was a lovely ride.

9 hours ago, cbr663 said:

I haven't any idea.  Right now there are only 2 pricing options on its website for Canadians.  We are not interested in the Have It All price at all and the Best Price has a non-refundable deposit which also doesn't interest us.  So I will need to call them to get the pricing for a refundable deposit.

We have been to Alaska before and have taken the White Pass Summit Railway Excursion.  It was a lovely ride.

You should be able to book a refundable fare without HIA but can only be done over the phone. Call HAL and ask.

• Like 1

We're already booked on an Alaska cruise for 2023, but haven't made final payment. If the Black Friday offer is better for our sailing, do you think our TA might be able to work out with HAL for us to get that deal as well, such as the pre-paid gratuities? Thanks in advance.

3 hours ago, Benh said:

We're already booked on an Alaska cruise for 2023, but haven't made final payment. If the Black Friday offer is better for our sailing, do you think our TA might be able to work out with HAL for us to get that deal as well, such as the pre-paid gratuities? Thanks in advance.

In my country the netherlands not.

On 11/12/2022 at 6:08 AM, Benh said:

I would have her check but remember you would be booking with the current rate and current specials.  Make sure you look at the new price and the pre-paid gratuities and compare them to your old rate, any special perks and any obc if you have them.  I have found sometime it does not pay to make the changes as it would be more expensive.

• Like 3

On 11/12/2022 at 12:08 PM, Benh said:

Did you get the free Skagway train?

I have my eye on the 17-night PC/SA sailing next fall on Oosterdam.  Of course, those fares currently are about $400-$500 more than the sailing for this coming fall (which I can't do; have to slow down since I just finished 10 sailing segments over the past 12 months and have 14 nights in January and 26 nights in April!).  Hope the sailing I'm looking at is included in the upcoming sale.

Does anyone know if HAL offers the White Summit excursion and onboard credit frequently, or was that a rare offering?  I held off on booking because I was thinking the Black Friday deal would be better, but it's actually more expensive and doesn't include those two savings.  Debating if I should book at this higher cost or wait in the hopes they offer the train excursion and onboard credit again.  

49 minutes ago, Benh said:

Me too. The price was the same, but the OBC was bigger than the gratuities now provided.

We had obc 75 each but free skagway trein worth 149 dollar. More worth then free gratutities.

Edited by SweetsugarNL