Constellation Nov 11, 2022

Tee & Chilli

17 hours ago, Tee & Chilli said:

Four crew wearing masks. Two at internet help desk and two at Cafe Al Bacio. Two of the four were wearing their mask improperly not covering their nose.

On the TA before your cruise and most of the crew was masked. It was very difficult to understand the waitstaff (very, very difficult). I am glad to hear they are loosing up on masks as not only does it make hearing people easier, it is nice to see faces.

We are back again on the Connie in a month. I will be curious as to whether or not it continues.

2 hours ago, xamsx said:

On the TA before your cruise and most of the crew was masked. It was very difficult to understand the waitstaff (very, very difficult). I am glad to hear they are loosing up on masks as not only does it make hearing people easier, it is nice to see faces.

We are back again on the Connie in a month. I will be curious as to whether or not it continues.

According to a crew member I spoke to on the TA, the captain ordered the crew to wear masks for the TA but they were supposed to be allowed to remove them once the Caribbean season began. Of course, should a crew member wish to mask, he or she is allowed to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hrhdhd said:

According to a crew member I spoke to on the TA, the captain ordered the crew to wear masks for the TA but they were supposed to be allowed to remove them once the Caribbean season began. Of course, should a crew member wish to mask, he or she is allowed to.

Odd, our room steward (neither of the room stewards in our hall) never wore one. Neither did the officers we spoke to. Maybe it was waitstaff so ordered? 

In any event, I am glad the staff has a choice going forward.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, xamsx said:

Odd, our room steward (neither of the room stewards in our hall) never wore one. Neither did the officers we spoke to. Maybe it was waitstaff so ordered? 

In any event, I am glad the staff has a choice going forward.

I did not see one crew member or officer without a mask during the TA. Except the performers. 

Upgrades

I knew before sailing we were not full. There were lots of insides and ocean views available. A small amount of balconies and aqua.

Day 1 I asked for an upgrade and was advised I would be placed on a waiting list to be notified on day 2.

Day 2, I checked in and was advised the manager was still checking. Later in the morning on deck 2 I was advised only available were my cabin type or lower. Some cabins were under maintenance.

It’s day 3 and I checked my cabin voice mail. I can move up to deck 7 balcony. I went to look at it. It’s not as nice as my semi private oceanview mid ship newer cabin.

The bed was lower, tv was on an angle, one full wall of mirrors, chair didn’t look comfortable and needs replacement.

I declined the balcony upgrade.

Edited by Tee & Chilli
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Tee & Chilli said:

Upgrades

I knew before sailing we were not full. There were lots of insides and ocean views available. A small amount of balconies and aqua.

Day 1 I asked for an upgrade and was advised I would be placed on a waiting list to be notified on day 2.

Day 2, I checked in and was advised the manager was still checking. Later in the morning on deck 2 I was advised only available were my cabin type or lower. Some cabins were under maintenance.

It’s day 3 and I checked my cabin voice mail. I can move up to deck 7 balcony. I went to look at it. It’s not as nice as my semi private oceanview mid ship newer cabin.

The bed was lower, tv was on an angle, one full wall of mirrors, chair didn’t look comfortable and needs replacement.

I declined the balcony upgrade.

Interesting. 

Why do you call your ocean view "semi" private?

Do you remember the balcony cabin number that was offered to you?

7 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

Interesting. 

Why do you call your ocean view "semi" private?

Do you remember the balcony cabin number that was offered to you?

Balcony 7117

semi private because it’s a newer cabin with only 7 rooms in the hallway and they are not all occupied. 

7 minutes ago, Tee & Chilli said:

Balcony 7117

semi private because it’s a newer cabin with only 7 rooms in the hallway and they are not all occupied. 

Ok.  I see what you mean.  Thanks.

On 11/12/2022 at 1:13 AM, Tee & Chilli said:

More observations 

I have seen zero kids

Less than 10 passengers wearing masks and we’re included in that 10.

Four crew wearing masks. Two at internet help desk and two at Cafe Al Bacio. Two of the four were wearing their mask improperly not covering their nose.

No chocolates were left at evening turn down. I’ll be sure to ask 😀

Include us in the mask wearers

one child seen below 12

chocolates on the pillows since night one.

deck 7 port forward.

Cheers