Observed test providers, US

Jacqueline

CVS does testing in their MinuteClinics. Unless you answer yes to this question

Are you seeking a COVID-19 test because of high transmission rates and difficulty maintaining recommended social distancing?

you'll be charged. Otherwise they'll bill insurance. Because a rapid test is only done with an office visit, a test is about $120. I've had my last two tests, for sailing, at CVS.

I have no experience with either of these providers, but they both offer proctored tests via a video call.

qured.us

Chequp.com

two more:

Azova.com (video)

BloomLabs.co (in person, midtown Manhattan)

Edited by frankp01
To add testing sites
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Jacqueline said:

The company I used for my last cruise seems to be no longer viable. I guess I lot of them are going under as there are few requirements at this time.

Thanks!!

We used the video-observed test kits from eMed for two QM2 cruises this summer. Of course you will need a computer with a camera and an internet connection. The test can be taken 24 hours a day.  The test must be pre-ordered from eMed, and costs about $40 with shipping. We found the process quick and easy. 

Waltraut and Frank 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, old fool said:

Anyone who has used BloomLabs

While I have not used them, two good friends from London did, in January. They needed a test to return to the UK. That's when requirements were even stricter than now, and their test met all of the requirements.

I can't swear to this, but knowing my friend, I'm 90% certain he just walked in.

For Sunday's embarkation we booked video observed sessions with Azova for the day before.  You provide your own test (Azova can supply a test for a price but then you need to deal with the uncertainty and cost of shipping the test to you), and you schedule the test indicating which brand of test you're using (the schedule allows selecting a time as close a 5 minutes into the future). At the scheduled time you log in via phone or PC (with a webcam), they verify your ID, observe the test and its result and email you the certification of the medically observed test.
There is some necessary uploading of an image of your ID so it's best to shedule a little further ahead of time.
It appears that tests can be booked for residents of US, UK, or EU.

Edited by Underwatr

4 hours ago, old fool said:

TO:

Anyone who has used BloomLabs.co (in person, midtown Manhattan)??

Appointment needed?

Could they supply a hard copy of the results?

Any other comments will be welcome?

We haven't used Bloom Labs yet but we have appointments there for rapid antigen tests on Friday prior to boarding QM2 on Sunday. I felt a bit more comfortable using them for in-person tests rather than the option of doing remotely-observed tests. We will be out and about exploring New York anyway, so we will just arrange our schedule to be at Bloom Labs at the appointed time. And Bloom Labs recently dropped the price of their rapid antigen tests from $75 to $59 which helps.

I emailed Bloom Labs last month asking if they can provide a hardcopy printout of the test results if we wait at the lab for the results. The answer I received was "Yes, of course! We can certainly print a copy of your rapid antigen test results if you prefer."

• Like 1

13 hours ago, old fool said:

TO:

Anyone who has used BloomLabs.co (in person, midtown Manhattan)??

Appointment needed?

Could they supply a hard copy of the results?

Any other comments will be welcome?

You just walk in, results in about an hour they watch you test and I barely touched my noise and that was fine