Question about "included" alcoholic beverages

BillK400

I know there have been some issues with supplies. We have just come off the Quest and most of the drinks in the Ultimate Package were available. The champagne was a bit of a disappointment - no Nicholas Feuillette - replacement was Montaudon - not so nice, but there was Domaine Chandon which was fine.

I really enjoyed trying all the new cocktails - different in every bar. I think I tried all the Gin & Vodka based ones. Berry Berry Gin in the Living Room was my favourite.

We did have Whispering Angel and drank that most nights. All the other wines on the list were available too.

If I had bought the package and found many items not available, I’d have asked to speak to the F &B Manager and asked to cancel the package and get my money back.

• Like 5

• 1 year later...

Just wondering if there has been any improvement with the quality of the wines in 2023.  Last time we sailed, even with the ultimate package, the wine was very disappointing.  And yes, we bought some bottles and brought them onboard with us.  It was even more so because we were on a wine and culture cruise that overnighted in Bordeaux.  It’s interesting that the owners, Sycamore Partners, own several vineyards and wine operations.  I was hoping there might be some synergy.  Can anyone sailing recently comment on the wine quality?

https://www.sycamorepartners.com/news/article/2068

Edited by 81Zoomie

I think someone just shared that one of the ships is including Erath Pinot Noir (not sure if it was in the included or ultimate package).  They also own Rex Hill and A to Z. We travel to Oregon at least once a year and Oregon Pinots make up most of our cellar. However, the Sycamore brands are inexpensive supermarket wines at this point. 

Quick question - when you refer to "upgrading", does this mean from the Premium Package to the Ultimate Package?  If you do this onboard, do you only pay the difference between the price of the two packages?

9 hours ago, Canberra601 said:

Quick question - when you refer to "upgrading", does this mean from the Premium Package to the Ultimate Package?  If you do this onboard, do you only pay the difference between the price of the two packages?

Yes, that's all you pay..

• Like 1