New to Sky class suite

t18c97

We’ve been using Celebrity recently and due to the status match on Royal we’re giving them another chance after a not great cruise 7 years ago. 

This time we have a Grand Suite so we have Sky class. In the suite lounge are sodas and water available all day or just during the evening and is there a charge for them? 

We My Time Dining and the earliest reservation time is 7:15, can we show up earlier and get seated?

For Costal Kitchen will reservation times open up in on the web site or it is it strictly call once on board?

Will we be contacted by shore side concierge before sailing for any show reservations?

Any other things that would be good to know?

Thanks

2 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

What ship are you sailing?  Sky class is a little different between Oasis class ships and Quantum class ships because of the location of the suite lounge.

Allure of the Seas

Sodas, beer and water are free in the SL from 11:00 AM till 8:00 PM. Happy hour for free drinks is 5:00 PM till 8:00 PM. 
You will get an email from the concierge about a week prior where you can have her/him make dinner reservations and show reservations to coincide.  

• Like 2

To add to what has been said, if you status matched to Diamond, you also will get four drink vouchers per day that are automatically on your sea pass card.  These can be used for any drink on the ship except at the Bionic Bar and Starbucks, up to $14/drink.  Not sure if Allure has either of those venues though, but good to know for other ships.  Your drinks in the suite lounge do not count against the vouchers but drinks in the diamond lounge do count against the vouchers.

2 hours ago, HicksRA said:

Sodas, beer and water are free in the SL from 11:00 AM till 8:00 PM. Happy hour for free drinks is 5:00 PM till 8:00 PM. 
You will get an email from the concierge about a week prior where you can have her/him make dinner reservations and show reservations to coincide.  

We will be Sky Class on Allure in July. I am wondering if the soda is from a fountain or bottle? Just trying to decide if I should get the soda package.

You should get a call from concierge about 5 days before sailing, allure is a very nice ship huge compared to celebrity, much better entertainment than celebrity, CK is not as good as celebrity suite restaurant. If you are elite on celebrity you should be diamond on rccl which also gives you 4 free drinks anywhere anytime, plus other perks. Grand suites are nice better than sky suites on celebrity.

4 hours ago, t18c97 said:

We’ve been using Celebrity recently and due to the status match on Royal we’re giving them another chance after a not great cruise 7 years ago. 

This time we have a Grand Suite so we have Sky class. In the suite lounge are sodas and water available all day or just during the evening and is there a charge for them? 

We My Time Dining and the earliest reservation time is 7:15, can we show up earlier and get seated?

For Costal Kitchen will reservation times open up in on the web site or it is it strictly call once on board?

Will we be contacted by shore side concierge before sailing for any show reservations?

Any other things that would be good to know?

Thanks

Suite lounge bar is adjacent to the CK.  It is beautiful and a great place to enjoy a beverage.  It is free beer, wine, typically canned soda, and bottled water from 11-11.  The wine and beer list is limited for the “free” drinks.   From 5-8ish it is free mixed drinks as well.  There is also a sun deck forward that is for suite guests.   No pool up there but very relaxing.  And you don’t need to check out pool towels on the suite sun deck.  You can just grab them as needed.   There is a bar up there, but drinks aren’t included like in the suite lounge.  You will get 4 free drinks a day (up to $13 in value each) for being diamond equivalent. You can use those almost at any bar.  Tell them you want to use your diamond drink voucher when ordering.  Most normal drinks will be covered with that.  Enjoy.  Allure is a great ship.  

Edited by topnole

51 minutes ago, George C said:

You should get a call from concierge about 5 days before sailing, allure is a very nice ship huge compared to celebrity, much better entertainment than celebrity, CK is not as good as celebrity suite restaurant. If you are elite on celebrity you should be diamond on rccl which also gives you 4 free drinks anywhere anytime, plus other perks. Grand suites are nice better than sky suites on celebrity.

I think you meant email, not call.  🙂 

• Like 1

Was on the Allure a week ago, concierge sent out an email a week before the cruise with the show schedule with a request to email back request for show, coastal kitchen and speciality restaurant reservations. Very easy and no issues getting the requested times. 

bar staff in the lounge was excellent, they went out if their way to get anything requested (within reason). They had soda in cans, but also had a gun…for mixers, I think. They’ll give you all the bottled water you want.  

unless you really want to try the MDR, would suggest eating at the coastal kitchen, food is comparable but service and ambience is much better. 

if you have any other questions, happy to try and answer when my memory is fresh!

cheers,

• Like 1

7 hours ago, luv2sailAgain said:

We will be Sky Class on Allure in July. I am wondering if the soda is from a fountain or bottle? Just trying to decide if I should get the soda package.

You could probably pick.  Default is probably a can unless you asked for a soda from the fountain gun (or they run low on stock for cans which I have seen once).   I wouldn’t waste money on a soda package if you drink standard coke and associate brand sodas.  

• Thanks 1

On 11/13/2022 at 1:28 PM, t18c97 said:

Allure of the Seas

Thank you for the thread! We really enjoyed Sky Class last summer on Ovation and booked Sky Class on Allure just days ago.  Your timing was great for me! The staff took great care of us on Ovation. I hope you love Sky Class as much as we did.

21 hours ago, topnole said:

You could probably pick.  Default is probably a can unless you asked for a soda from the fountain gun (or they run low on stock for cans which I have seen once).   I wouldn’t waste money on a soda package if you drink standard coke and associate brand sodas.  

Thank you for this information. I am particular about a few things and soda is one of them.  I usually drink Coke Zero, but will drink fountain/fountain gun Diet Coke. Canned/bottled Diet Coke is a no go. We were also on Allure last summer and I know I am able to get Coke Zero at the Free Style machines. I'd hate to go into Coke Zero withdraw.😉