New menus on Symphony reported

John&LaLa

3 minutes ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

Were you eating the entire menu each night? 

Seems to me 2 to 3x in each venue, you still didn't exhaust the menu options.  My cruise with the original concept 4 menus, plus, the sit down Solarium Bistro (was it Devinely something) gave me PLENTY of choice.  You will never convince me there wasn't enough, unless you wanted to eat only at 1 venue.

I remember that you had to rotate.  In the initial concept, you rotated without the wait staff following you.  The revised version allowed the wait staff to follow you.  I loved the concept and had the pleasure of experiencing twice, one on Quantum and the second on Anthem before being discontinued.  I remember when I sailed the Quantum, many wait staff was very morose (impact on grats.) as it was announced that Quantum was being relocated to Asia. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

Not that good for longer cruisers.

The four separate restaurants originally had one menu each and that menu DID NOT CHANGE.

American Icon was PUB FOOD, stuff like Mac and Cheese and franks?

Silk was Asian and many people do not go for Asian foods

Grande and Chic, the other two were typical MDR's with different menus, I think Grande was formal as well.

On a longer 11 night you had to eat from the exact same menu a few times and if you didn't think Pub food or Asian you had to eat form the same two menus a lot.

I would have loved it. I recall there were several entrees that appealed to me on most menus. Easy to go back and try again. In fact I'd love to.

There was way more than mac n cheese and franks at Icon

Besides, seems like a lot of folks here just want the classic menu items over and over again

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

I would have loved it. I recall there were several entrees that appealed to me on most menus. Eady to go back and try again.

Besides, seems like a lot of folks here just want the classic menu items over and over again

Too bad we don't have sample menus.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

That was after the ORIGINAL system was planned. The menus were published and set in stone. It changed quickly when people AND Travel Agents began getting questions.

I was booked on the first U.S.A. sailing from Cape Liberty on the Quantum and changed it after getting the ORIGINAL DD specifics directly from my contact at Royal Caribbean before the ship even left for New York. 

So, did you ever experience DD🤔

• Thanks 1

Just now, nelblu said:

I'll bet they're out there in the internets.

Screenshot_20221107-141001_Chrome.thumb.jpg.326818dc59980ec7325c086448535294.jpg

I've got them on my laptop somewhere 

Especially the CK ones. That was a component of DD. Two great menus. 

Now we have 7, and 5 are a dissapointment 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I'll bet they're out there in the internets.

Screenshot_20221107-141001_Chrome.thumb.jpg.326818dc59980ec7325c086448535294.jpg

I've got them on my laptop somewhere 

Especially the CK ones. That was a component of DD. Two great menus. 

Now we have 7, and 5 are a dissapointment 

I have the menu from Portofino and puts Chops, Giovanni and Jamie to shame, IMHO. 

F1982F20-B25E-44BF-8DF9-CEAFB1A11038.jpeg

286958D7-90B0-4967-B117-DB585A8BB553.jpeg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, nelblu said:

I have the menu from Portofino and puts Chops, Giovanni and Jamie to shame, IMHO. 

F1982F20-B25E-44BF-8DF9-CEAFB1A11038.jpeg

286958D7-90B0-4967-B117-DB585A8BB553.jpeg

I loved Portofino Rissoto 

But FWIW, had an absolutely fabulous meal at Giovanni's on Indy this past June

Caprese

Carbonara 

Osobuco 

Tiramisu 

Limoncello 

Never had luck with Jamie's, but have only tried it on Harmony.  I heard Mariner is better

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

If you want more, a CC poster had it on his blog:

Quantum of the Seas Menus – cruise with gambee

It's simply a shame that we have gone from a plethora of entrees to a possible miniscule 3-4 in the MDR.

New cruisers will never taste that experience.

Just now, John&LaLa said:

Caprese

Carbonara 

Osobuco 

Tiramisu 

Limoncello 

Never had luck with Jamie's, but have only tried it on Harmony.  I heard Mariner is better

At Jamie's we usually ordered the meat/cheese plank and the lamb chops.  Very good.

I also remember having lunch at Giovanni's and they had a dish--linguini with crabmeat--Never experienced the amount of crabmeat in a dish. it was to die for.  Over the last 3-4 years, never seen it again.  I guess due to the cost of crabmeat.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, nelblu said:

I remember that you had to rotate.  In the initial concept, you rotated without the wait staff following you.  The revised version allowed the wait staff to follow you.  I loved the concept and had the pleasure of experiencing twice, one on Quantum and the second on Anthem before being discontinued.  I remember when I sailed the Quantum, many wait staff was very morose (impact on grats.) as it was announced that Quantum was being relocated to Asia. 

I took that first leg of the repo back across the Atlantic on the Quantum.  It was a 12 night Newark to Barcelona

22 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I would have loved it. I recall there were several entrees that appealed to me on most menus. Easy to go back and try again. In fact I'd love to.

And now they clamor to PAY for PUB food at Playmakers....🤔

33 minutes ago, nelblu said:

I took the first leg back from NY to Asia, 12 nights, I think.  I didn't have fixed time dining.  I just showed up at whichever DR I felt like, with the exception being the complementary Devinely Decadence which I recall, I needed to reserve.  The most I ever waited was 5 minutes.  But, if I had seen a line at one MDR, I could just go to one without a line. The start of MTD, if I recall?  Others will know.

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea

26 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I would have loved it. I recall there were several entrees that appealed to me on most menus. Eady to go back and try again.

They tried it in so many different ways but it still lost out to what is now the 4 dining room system.

We rebooked our FREE CLIA AGENT cruise on Quantum for the menus and other complex scheduling problems encountered in the beginning especially with groups.

There WERE many of people who loved it as it began to change but it still got the deep six.

I QUOTE

"Eats

The menu at American Icon Grill is the same throughout your cruise and each restaurant has its own special menu."

32 minutes ago, nelblu said:

There are a few showing the newer pub food aspect like Reuben type pastries?, Mac and Cheese and pigs in a weird blanket. There were also steak and a chicken? Not sure.

They geared it as American Comfort Foods. 

No terrible but not something we wanted to have several times.in the cruise.

21 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Caprese

Carbonara 

Osobuco 

Tiramisu 

Limoncello 

I wasn't impressed on years ago on Harmony.  On last year's TA that you missed last minute, it was wonderful! Ate a lot of my UDP lunches there.

• Like 1