Arvia Antigua flights – the wait continues

Cozzyleicester

On 11/29/2022 at 3:28 PM, Cozzyleicester said:

OK so based upon the latest email I received from P&O inviting me to upgrade to Virgin Upper class (£995 pp each way 😲), I think it is a safe bet now on who they will be using to operate the Arvia Antigua flights.

Bottom of the email does say "flight details on their way..." so still no details yet on which London departure airport, how to book your seats, etc.

Out of interest, what do they quote for PE?  For TUI from Barbados it is £199 each.

4 hours ago, Cozzyleicester said:

I have my outbound flight shown in the My PO Cruises flights page as Virgin 663, LHR to BGI, departing 09:00 on 4th Feb 23.

However the inbound flight, departing ANU on 11th Feb 23 shows as "CARRIER TBA Flight 662" with the destination of just "LONDON (LON)"

Try looking at the 'Your Itinerary' section. Ours has slightly more info there (we're flying from Manchester, but it's worth a try for you).

On 12/2/2022 at 11:21 AM, TigerB said:

Out of interest, what do they quote for PE?  For TUI from Barbados it is £199 each.

We had quotes done for fly cruises to the Caribbean next year and the year after whilst on a recent cruise.  Premium is £205 per person per flight, so £410 pp round trip, but now has all.premium advantages, (e.g. two cases per person hold baggage included),.  Our quote was for Man departures, but I assume it would be the same for all.

I am out of touch so not sure if the extra baggage etc., has been included for a while now.  We had only flown when they used to just offer premium seating - a good while back.

I would double check the luggage for PE. We always use PE from Manchester to Barbados and return on P&O fly cruises. We have always had 28kg per person in the hold and, now for the last few years, 10kg per person hand luggage (used to be 5kg ). Cost this year is £399 each for the round trip. It is expensive but we think it is worth it for the extra roomy seats and you can usually get 2 seats together at the sides etc. Do not forget that you get penalised if you fly from Manchester (£100 each) instead of Gatwick. The 28kg hold luggage can be split between say 2 cases. We have our 56kg split between 3 cases. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pennib said:

I would double check the luggage for PE. We always use PE from Manchester to Barbados and return on P&O fly cruises. We have always had 28kg per person in the hold and, now for the last few years, 10kg per person hand luggage (used to be 5kg ). Cost this year is £399 each for the round trip. It is expensive but we think it is worth it for the extra roomy seats and you can usually get 2 seats together at the sides etc. Do not forget that you get penalised if you fly from Manchester (£100 each) instead of Gatwick. The 28kg hold luggage can be split between say 2 cases. We have our 56kg split between 3 cases. 

We did not book the cruises concerned, I just asked for some quick quotes as we may have been interested, so details are not applicable to us personally.  The two cases pp was mentioned by the cruise sales person on Aurora, along with other benefits of premium seat bookings, as I had assumed it was just premium seating, with no other extras (as we had experienced a number of years back - not recently).  So we did not get far enough to check the full details, but we would have wanted premium flights if we had booked any of the cruises, even without the extra perks.  We were looking at a return trans Atlantic, poss as a b2b with a previous cruise, so would have only needed to upgrade for one flight each.

We had been able to book extra luggage for our Azura cruise in October, so presumably that would be an option for Caribbean fly cruises as well, though o viouslt at a higher price.

Looks like only a £5.50 pp per flight increase for Barbados premium bookings, (according to other replies), for the next two winters, which is less than I would have expected, though presumably the charge could still.go up for cruises booked at some future date.

Edited by tring

1 hour ago, tring said:

We did not book the cruises concerned, I just asked for some quick quotes as we may have been interested, so details are not applicable to us personally.  The two cases pp was mentioned by the cruise sales person on Aurora, along with other benefits of premium seat bookings, as I had assumed it was just premium seating, with no other extras (as we had experienced a number of years back - not recently).  So we did not get far enough to check the full details, but we would have wanted premium flights if we had booked any of the cruises, even without the extra perks.  We were looking at a return trans Atlantic, poss as a b2b with a previous cruise, so would have only needed to upgrade for one flight each.

We had been able to book extra luggage for our Azura cruise in October, so presumably that would be an option for Caribbean fly cruises as well, though o viouslt at a higher price.

Looks like only a £5.50 pp per flight increase for Barbados premium bookings, (according to other replies), for the next two winters, which is less than I would have expected, though presumably the charge could still.go up for cruises booked at some future date.

There is no option to buy extra luggage with the charters, I have asked many times.  We are flying premium economy this year and next with the 28kg each.  The difference in price is £50 each.  However if you want to guarantee your seats you together you have to pay for the privilege.  This year it was £78pp for both ways.  Our total for flights Extras on Friday coming is £954.  We are aware that next year is £449 each but the bookable seat price has not been set yet.

On 12/13/2022 at 6:16 PM, Megabear2 said:

There is no option to buy extra luggage with the charters, I have asked many times.  We are flying premium economy this year and next with the 28kg each.  The difference in price is £50 each.  However if you want to guarantee your seats you together you have to pay for the privilege.  This year it was £78pp for both ways.  Our total for flights Extras on Friday coming is £954.  We are aware that next year is £449 each but the bookable seat price has not been set yet.

Extra luggage is always available at a price. We go with Tui each year 

for P and O and always do a B2B. All I do is ring Tui and pay extra for

the months extra baggage I need!!! .Even though we fly PE, I still need

extra!! Sad case that I am.

Terri

17 minutes ago, silkworms said:

Terri

That's interesting as when I asked TUI last year they said no because it was a charter.  Can you recall their charges please?

Mind you we are packed for Friday split over three cases weighing 17kg, 10kg and 18kg respectively so perhaps I wouldn't need it after all.

1 hour ago, Megabear2 said:

Mind you we are packed for Friday split over three cases weighing 17kg, 10kg and 18kg respectively so perhaps I wouldn't need it after all.

...and you're still 11kg shy of your allowance. I'd be packing a couple more bottles and some mixers, me! 🥃😉

Edited by TigerB
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/14/2022 at 7:26 PM, silkworms said:

Terri

"Sad case that I am." 😁 no pun intended! 

This is what I got from P&O regarding Manchester Antigua flights

Thank you for your email we hope you are looking forward to your upcoming cruise with us.
You should be able to log into my cruise on the p&o website to pre book your seats now. Please see the flights button on the top right once logged in, click on that and then scroll down to flight seat booker, here you can pre select your seats. 
Also I can advise that upper class is currently available for your flight at an additional £999.50 per person. This would replace the £199 per person you have paid for premium. 
If you wanted to go ahead with this upgrade I recommend doing so before you pre select flight seats in the premium cabin. Pre booking seats in the business class cabin is unavailable, seats will be allocated free of charge. 
Luggage allowance is 2 x 23kg bags per person in premium and 2 x 32kg bags per person in upper class.
We hope this information helps however if you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us via email or by calling us 

2 hours ago, Old_tilly_billy said:

This is what I got from P&O regarding Manchester Antigua flights

Thank you for your email we hope you are looking forward to your upcoming cruise with us.
You should be able to log into my cruise on the p&o website to pre book your seats now. Please see the flights button on the top right once logged in, click on that and then scroll down to flight seat booker, here you can pre select your seats. 
Also I can advise that upper class is currently available for your flight at an additional £999.50 per person. This would replace the £199 per person you have paid for premium. 
If you wanted to go ahead with this upgrade I recommend doing so before you pre select flight seats in the premium cabin. Pre booking seats in the business class cabin is unavailable, seats will be allocated free of charge. 
Luggage allowance is 2 x 23kg bags per person in premium and 2 x 32kg bags per person in upper class.
We hope this information helps however if you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us via email or by calling us 

That sounds like a Virgin scheduled flight. For proper business class seating, I would be very tempted !

• Like 1