Celebrity Excellent re Covid

Rustyman

Just home after 2 cruises kind of back to back, Silhouette Transatlantic then Equinox ABC’s. Both cruises, ships and all staff were great.

Anyhow, on day9 mid Atlantic on the Silhouette I came down with Covid, DW avoided infection, was grotty for 2-3 days then felt good again. Celebrity we’re great from the moment I reported that I’d tested +ve, they told us both to stay in cabin and sent nurse along for sats, temp etc. She gave me some great knock out medicine so I slept well, DW was quarantined for 24 hours when a further -ve test allowed her free rein on the ship but having to wear a mask.
Every day I was contacted by the Med Centre and by an Officer checking on my condition, also by room service for requests and was given MDR menus for all meals delivered. Could order any drinks also, so I found our veranda cabin to be a great place to be quarantined. Luckily I’d booked a port cabin which meant all day sunshine on the balcony going across the Atlantic.

Thought I’d post this to show how well Celebrity handled the illness and seriously I couldn’t fault them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Left Sihouette and boarded Equinox same day but different ports. The protocol on Celebrity now is 5 days quarantine following a positive test result, it is then assumed you are non infectious. Room contacts quarantined for 24 hours and freed with a mask after a negative test.The protocol was followed to the letter and checked and double checked with medical and head office by the ship. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rustyman said:

The protocol on Celebrity now is 5 days quarantine following a positive test result, it is then assumed you are non infectious.

This is very new. Prior protocol was to remain in isolation until testing negative (twice?). Also, you wouldn't have been permitted to board Equinox having had covid within 10 days of embarkation. Celebrity could finally be making progress in it's treatment of covid passengers.

6 minutes ago, RichYak said:

This is very new. Prior protocol was to remain in isolation until testing negative (twice?). Also, you wouldn't have been permitted to board Equinox having had covid within 10 days of embarkation. Celebrity could finally be making progress in it's treatment of covid passengers.

...or it could be another inconsistency by Celebrity that is ship/captain dependent.  😃

But I would prefer the former...lol. 

ETA: Of course, I have no idea if the captain has any input on such matters...

Edited by dlh015