Website Question re: Airfare

cAPS lOCK oN

My daughter and son-in-law are looking to book their first Regent cruise, and want to go to the Caribbean on Splendor in March. I walked her through the "Plan My Cruise" dialog on the website in order to figure out what it will cost them.

They will be flying from Milwaukee, which is a gateway city. But the booking process adds $249 pp for airfare, even though it also says "Your cruise includes Roundtrip Economy Class airfare from MKE."

How can this be? If they chose Chicago (ORD) instead the $249 pp disappears. Is MKE not a true gateway city?

We saw something similar recently.  We were onboard Explorer, and were searching some options online prior to an appointment with the future cruise consultant.  I mentioned it to him during our appointment, and the consultant said there was no airfare fee.  I wonder if this is some sort of glitch in the website?

There are some included gateways and some "gateways" with an extra $249 pp fee.  It sounds like Milwaukee is one of the latter.  I know that Las Vegas is.  If we want to do included air, we have to pay that extra fee, in addition to the deviation fee.  Or drive to LA....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cAPS lOCK oN said:

They will be flying from Milwaukee, which is a gateway city.

Milwaukee is an accommodated city, but not a gateway city.  Hence the additional fee.

From https://www.rssc.com/experience/customize-your-journey/air-program :

*FREE Roundtrip Air includes ground transfers between airport and ship and applies to coach, roundtrip flights only from the following airports: ATL, BOS, CLT, DEN, DFW, DTW, EWR, FLL, IAD, IAH, JFK, LAX, LGA, MCO, MDW, MIA, MSP, ORD, PBI, PHL, PHX, SAN, SAV, SEA, SFO, TPA, YUL, YVR, YYZ. Airfare is available from select other U.S. and Canadian gateways for an additional charge. Airline fees, surcharges and government taxes are included, however, airline-imposed personal charges such as baggage fees may apply. FREE Business Class Air applies to intercontinental flights only. Custom Air arrangements may be made 270 days prior to sailing (custom air fees apply). FREE First Class Air applies to all domestic (U.S.) ports for guests sailing in the Regent Suite on Seven Seas Explorer®. Hospitality Suite access and Disembarkation Day Tour are offered in select ports only provided minimum guest requirement is met. Dayrooms are capacity-controlled and may not be available within 60 days of departure.

14 minutes ago, Anchorbuoy said:

Milwaukee is an accommodated city, but not a gateway city.  Hence the additional fee.

Well, live and learn.

Still, the booking process says that roundtrip airfare from Milwaukee is included, while on the same page it adds $498 per couple for airfare from Milwaukee. They should fix that.

Edited by cAPS lOCK oN

I feel your pain.  Honolulu [HNL] was once a Gateway and years ago was relegated to Accommodated.

The additional $148.00 P/P- each direction is less than I could buy myself to get to SFO or LAX.

You might be able to get a puddle jump flight [or train] to ORD for less that the added fee.

Enjoy your cruise

16 minutes ago, daetchief said:

I feel your pain.  Honolulu [HNL] was once a Gateway and years ago was relegated to Accommodated.

The additional $148.00 P/P- each direction is less than I could buy myself to get to SFO or LAX.

You might be able to get a puddle jump flight [or train] to ORD for less that the added fee.

Enjoy your cruise

They definitely will fly out of ORD. It's not all that far from MKE, and will be a direct flight. At least we understand it.

53 minutes ago, cAPS lOCK oN said:

Well, live and learn.

Still, the booking process says that roundtrip airfare from Milwaukee is included, while on the same page it adds $498 per couple for airfare from Milwaukee. They should fix that.

When we were researching online, we had LAX in the query and the website indicated there was an add on fee.  We didn’t understand that at all, and sure enough the onboard cruise consultant confirmed there was no additional airfare fee. 

I would just recommend that you verify with Regent, either directly or through a TA, to be sure. 

On 11/14/2022 at 4:37 PM, cAPS lOCK oN said:

Well, live and learn.

The airfare is indeed free  (included) while the $498 us a fee that goes to Regent for MKE being a non-gateway city and is not air fare or goes to the airline

Nothing to fix, a Non gateway fee is NOT air fare and the website is correct.

• Like 1