Room Service

jaycue

I know that at one point in time, HAL allowed you to order room service from the main dining room menu. Is this still possible?  Is so, has does one go about it?  Also, is there a hospitality waiting room for suite guests in the HAL terminal at Port Everglades?  Thank you. 

1 minute ago, jaycue said:

I know that at one point in time, HAL allowed you to order room service from the main dining room menu. Is this still possible?  Is so, has does one go about it?  

All you need to do is call the In-Room Dining number within an hour of the MDR opening.  The delivery time doesn't have to be within the first hour. Did this in July.

5 minutes ago, jaycue said:

I know that at one point in time, HAL allowed you to order room service from the main dining room menu. Is this still possible?  Is so, has does one go about it?  Also, is there a hospitality waiting room for suite guests in the HAL terminal at Port Everglades?  Thank you. 

They will serve MDR options as long as you order while the MDR is open for dinner (but I wouldn't cut it too close to closing time). I understand you can also order breakfast items from the MDR breakfast menu. 

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Cruise Suzy said:

All you need to do is call the In-Room Dining number within an hour of the MDR opening.  The delivery time doesn't have to be within the first hour. Did this in July.

Thank you so much!

HAL doesn't usually do hospitality rooms for suite pax or high ranking elites at ports. I have seen it once in 17 HAL cruises...but can't remember where it was, but it was not a common HAL port, and it was at least 15 years ago...maybe Lima, Peru. It was a small room, and all they had was cookies and a couple drinks like water and iced tea.

36 minutes ago, jaycue said:

HAL has a special waiting room for Neptune/Pinnacle Suite, 4/5 Star Mariners, and wheelchair passengers in at least one , but not all, of the HAL Port Everglades terminals.

30 minutes ago, Crew News said:

HAL has a special waiting room for Neptune/Pinnacle Suite, 4/5 Star Mariners, and wheelchair passengers in at least one , but not all, of the HAL Port Everglades terminals.

But is it a lounge, with food or drinks? Don't recall such.

3 minutes ago, ottahand7 said:

I think I remember that upstairs area one time.  I think there was lemonade and cookies.   

I remember those as well but the cart did not make its way to the seating area for the early boarders.  One of the things I remember about the waiting room was the alcohol smuggling warning sign.

Edited by Crew News
  • Like 1