Dining vouchers

curlstravel

We have done it  in Food Republic and Q.  We take our Platinum voucher good for two meals and take another couple with us.  Two meals was more than enough to feed 4 people in those restaurants.  I don't think it would work so well in other restaurants.

11 hours ago, New2cruise2022 said:

I assume vouchers are different than specialty from FAS and FAS+. Though I still think they could be used the same at some restaurants. 

Vouchers are different than Free at Sea and Free at Sea Plus (can you tell I hate acronyms). They cannot be used the same as the meal packages we receive as a part of the Free at Sea dining packages. I'll let someone go over the details that has used the vouchers (I don't have that kind of status on NCL)...just know that Free at Sea you can order as many apps, salads, soups, sides, and desserts as you want, even if your server tries to tell you otherwise. With the vouchers, you cannot. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Vouchers are different than Free at Sea and Free at Sea Plus (can you tell I hate acronyms). They cannot be used the same as the meal packages we receive as a part of the Free at Sea dining packages. I'll let someone go over the details that has used the vouchers (I don't have that kind of status on NCL)...just know that Free at Sea you can order as many apps, salads, soups, sides, and desserts as you want, even if your server tries to tell you otherwise. With the vouchers, you cannot. 

This is very helpful for sure. 

5 hours ago, jcollin said:

How about the free dinner at Le Bistro that you get when using the Amex Platinum, can you use that and dine with another couple if they use one of their Free at Sea meals?

yes, you can use it (as well as the vouchers) with others that are using free at sea.  Just realize that the rules will be different depending on what mode of payment you're using.  Of course, if you're only entitled to one appetizer (or you're paying a la carte) , but you're eating with someone that is using free at sea, they can order the apps and sides and share with the table

Thanks dbrown84.  I've never used it before but it sounds like your saying when we go in we tell them I'm using he Amex voucher and the others are using one of their FAS meals.  The other party can order more apps / dessert but we are limited to one app, entre and dessert?

On 11/17/2022 at 8:48 AM, jcollin said:

Thanks dbrown84.  I've never used it before but it sounds like your saying when we go in we tell them I'm using he Amex voucher and the others are using one of their FAS meals.  The other party can order more apps / dessert but we are limited to one app, entre and dessert?

yes, I'm saying to just let them know what you're using and everyone doesn't have to use the same.  What I don't know is the particulars of your Amex voucher, but there should be terms and conditions available to you with respect to that voucher

4 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

But couldn't two people use one certificate at lunchtime on the Escape and share the four selections?

Yes, but the question was whether they could use a voucher for other people. “Is it possible to invite friends using one voucher for them?”

It is certainly possible to share dishes in places like food republic, but not to use a voucher for someone else.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, curlstravel said:

We used one voucher for two people in the food Republic. It was more food than we could eat. That’s why I was wondering what other restaurants we could do that in?

The website states the venues where you can order 4 dishes per voucher, rather than getting a standard meal.

An SDP meal in Food Republic, Pincho, Sushi and Wasabi includes 4 menu items.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes, very possible to share at Food Republic and the places the Keith Jenner mentions since it is specifically 4 items.  Not possible for 2 people to share one at some place like Le Bistro ordering one entree and tons of apps and desserts.

• Like 2

We've done this a few different ways.

1. 4 people in a garden villa (so only the first 2 get FAS meals), and using 1 of those FAS meals plus one of the platinum vouchers to cover the other 2 people for a meal at La Cucina.
  2. 4 people dining at Q using only 2 FAS meal credits by ordering 2 of the sample platters and a few sides to share amongst the group.
  3. 2 people individually eating lunch at Food Republic on a single dining credit each (way too much food, next time we'll bring a friend to share it with us).

So yes, you can 'share' your credits with other people who are dining with you. Some are easier to do than others as they're already made for sharing. As opposed to ordering a single filet and cutting it in half for your neighbor.