One drink at a time?

YAKE46

DW and I decided to take the HIA package for our Hawaii cruise. I don’t drink any alcohol and my DW may have three glasses of wine at most each day. Holland states that you can only get one drink at a time with the Signature drink package. Is this rule enforced for all drink orders or only alcohol? For example can I order two specialty coffee drink’s and two cans of water at the same time and be changed four of my  fifteen?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

It's kind of a silly rule if you think about it as it's limited.  Once you reach 15 you are done.  Maybe people get biligerant.

I guess they are worried you are going to share.  It does seem silly when you are only wanting a 2nd cup of coffee or bottle of water.

On Zaandam in July we got 4 cans of water no problem. On Rotterdam last week we could only get 1 can of water. HUH? I think it depends on the crew but I am sure you can contact a supervisor if there is a problem. 

4 hours ago, REOVA said:

On Zaandam in July we got 4 cans of water no problem. On Rotterdam last week we could only get 1 can of water. HUH? I think it depends on the crew but I am sure you can contact a supervisor if there is a problem. 

Contact a supervisor for a water?

It is a rule but enforcement is uneven.  DH was charged once when he bought two beverages to bring back to the cabin.  On that same cruise, at the same bar he freely bought 2 at a time.  It was as if the servers were told to ignore the rule.. it seems to me it would be to HAL’s advantage if we all drank our 15 quickly and started paying.  I order a double shot of espresso in my Americano which should be considered 3 beverages and my package is used for 3 but I do not have to pay 

Edited by Mary229
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, retird said:

What would be the need of ordering two specialty coffees at the same time?  At home , i would not make two coffes for myself or mix two alcohol drinks at the same time

You never know.  I’ve seen people complain on cruise critic because they go through 7 or 8 coffees in the morning.  If I did that my hair would standing on end.  To each their own.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, oakridger said:

I’ll have to switch over to my laptop to do that.  Will get back in a while. 

Hey I just looked in a different place and found what you are talking about.  When we booked the non alcoholic  drinks were not included in the 15.  Can I upgrade to the Elite which excludes the non alcoholic drinks? I think I booked under the HIA promo.  Should  I call m6 TA or HaL or ? This socks as I am a big drinker of San Pelligrino or Perrier and love specialty  teas and coffees so will easily  exceed 15 with some cocktails and wine

Yep they changed it mid-stream this year.  I'm having trouble getting into the website at the moment, but the Elite package still says unlimited (which it didn't a couple of month ago) You can upgrade once on board with a bartender/supervisor but BEFORE you use your Signature package.  Several posts on CC talk about this.  Have a look in search if you can.

~Nancvy