Annual policies for high end cruises

bohaiboy

We cruise Seabourn and Silversea almost exclusively.  Many of the cruises are exceeding $10,000 per person quite easily, especially ones over 10 days.  Most credit cards that offer trip insurance as part of their perks cap off at $10000 pp py.  From the research I have done so far, independent insurance also caps annual policies at 10k pp py.

anyone know of annual policies that have higher caps?  Also, if I have the cc and a separate policy, who would pay first and would they still cap total at 10k cumulative and not 20k.

hope that just made sense. TIA

Annual policies are primarily for medical coverage. You will not find an annual policy with a high dollar limit for cancellation. 

If you have two policies, each would pay to the schedule limit. You’d have to read the terms and conditions to see if there is a stipulation that the credit card pays only after other insurance has been exhausted.

What you are describing is precisely why we do not get annual policies.

Another reason is... IF we used up the maximum coverage on a trip and still had trip(s) later in the year, there'd be no coverage.  And it would be too late to sign us for the regular policy we would have wanted.  That needs to be started within about 2 weeks of making the very first payment/deposit.

GC

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, bohaiboy said:

My pet peeve is that no one offers just cancellation, they want to tack on all of medical etc that annual policies already have so it causes you to double dip

Sounds like an upstart business opportunity for you. You feel that there is a money-making opportunity that the current insurance industry doesn't see.

I say go for it.