Wifi for just one day?

Bibble

3 minutes ago, mz-s said:

You cannot purchase one day of the social plan. Only the value or premium plans offer 24 hour slots. The social plan can only be purchased for the entire voyage.

I was just going to say the same thing.  We were on Valor last week and I tried to purchase it for just our last day (catch up on emails/check in for flights, etc) and the social plan was not available.  The next best (lease expensive) option was value plan - $20 for a 24 hr period. 

• Like 1

Just to clarify - my "daily price" wasn't specifically meant for social.  It just meant one 24 hour period of wifi use.  And I agree with the suggestion from EnglceDave- I have ATT and use their day pass rate of $10 for a 24 hour period.  Not sure if other companies have something like that, but I am sure they do.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2022 at 3:54 PM, Bibble said:

I'm sorry if it's been answered, but I've tried to search...

Onboard, can you purchase a 24 hour wifi plan?  I don't need it the whole cruise, just one day of the social package.

Thank you!

i just got off the glory and i noticed that the 1 day wifi plans are available but not for the lowest priced plan. so you'd have to get the 2nd one up and it was $20 per day.

On 11/18/2022 at 7:07 AM, pe4all said:

Just to clarify - my "daily price" wasn't specifically meant for social.  It just meant one 24 hour period of wifi use.  And I agree with the suggestion from EnglceDave- I have ATT and use their day pass rate of $10 for a 24 hour period.  Not sure if other companies have something like that, but I am sure they do.

T-Mobile has international roaming included, no additional fees (I can also use my phone as a hotspot).  I may very well quit purchasing wifi and just use my phone data on port days.  

On our Thanksgiving cruise last week on Freedom the wifi service was so bad it was essentially useless.  I had Guest Services cancel it for a refund.  And in fact on the way back to Florida we were a few miles off one of the Bahama islands and I had phone service for a few hours.