Jewel OF THE SEAS

george35

Going on the JEWEL for the 1st time although we have been on many cruise ( diamond + on RCL ) what should we know about her?? We are both in our 80s but we still dance & walk ( and sometimes run ) another words active. We dont care about where the ship goes but more about the ship & things to do. We like to dance, compete in games ( but not one that require a lot of movement ( if you know what I mean ) My friend who were on the HARMONY OF THE SEAS said we should try to get on the LOVE & MARRAIGE GAME oh bye the way we well be celebrating our 65th anniv. on this cruise. Should we go or will be be making a fool of 2 old people?

All replys will we taken & voted on by my kids.

George & Liz

• Like 3

Just back from a T/A on the Jewel. She is an awesome ship, beautiful in that everywhere is wood and glass. Despite being an “older” ship, she is in good shape.

Crew are outstanding, food in MDR was great.

You will love it!

I did write a review which is here 

Enjoy 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, michst8alum said:

We are doing the Article Circle cruise on Jewel this July. Did you enjoy it?  Any tips?

Hello, we did this cruise last June it was fantastic, we had great weather the only time we had warm clothes was going to the north cape and up the mountain in Tromso. Most of the time it was shorts and t shirts. You will have a great time

Thanks to all who replyed to my question about the jewel you made a couple of OLD PEOPLE feel like cruising is not over yet. We are looking forward to exploring the JEWEL ( we took a 2 week cruise on her because it will take us that long to explore her }. My wife just asked "How is the food in the MDR?"

& what pay for resturant would you recomend?? Anything you can add to make our cruise a little more bearable for a couple of old f---s.

George & Liz

2 hours ago, george35 said:

Thanks to all who replyed to my question about the jewel you made a couple of OLD PEOPLE feel like cruising is not over yet. We are looking forward to exploring the JEWEL ( we took a 2 week cruise on her because it will take us that long to explore her }. My wife just asked "How is the food in the MDR?"

& what pay for resturant would you recomend?? Anything you can add to make our cruise a little more bearable for a couple of old f---s.

George & Liz

Food in the MDR is great. Personally I would not book the speciality restaurants due to our experiences - Giovannis was terrible service, Chops not worth the money at all, terrible rack of lamb, did t try Izumi though.