Not honoring website price

coaster

First booking ever with Princess. Called and price is $100 more pp on call to Princess. Later in call the Princess representative said that there is a 'glitch' with the website. Said those from Tampa area are being charged higher prices on a few previous calls he had. He can't honor Princess website price. Asked to speak to a supervisor and said none available. What the heck? 

Edited by coaster

Suggestion 1 Book the cruise and cabin of your choice on the website and then find yourself a good Travel Agent and turn the booking over to them.  That has to be done within 90 days of booking

Suggestion 2 Book the cruise and cabin of your choice on the website and then call Princess and say you wish to make your deposit or payment.

Suggestion 3  Call and get another Princess agent that will be helpful to you.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mike07 said:

In the future, just book via the website if you call in and find the price to be higher. Princess likely has some level of dynamic pricing though more stable than what the airlines use.

Called back. Got same guy again. Called a third time and talked to a nice gentleman. He ended up transferring me to someone else that quoted the same higher price. No supervisor on shift again. They keep saying issue with website quoting prices for CA residents when booking online.  Created online profile and was finally able to book at the website price. Not a good start to Princess. Almost 30 cruises in the past and no issues with getting online price when calling. 

Edited by coaster

1 hour ago, hpeabody said:

Suggestion 1 Book the cruise and cabin of your choice on the website and then find yourself a good Travel Agent and turn the booking over to them.  That has to be done within 90 days of booking

Suggestion 2 Book the cruise and cabin of your choice on the website and then call Princess and say you wish to make your deposit or payment.

Suggestion 3  Call and get another Princess agent that will be helpful to you.

All good advice - except the time limit to transfer is 60 days.

10 minutes ago, coaster said:

Called back. Got same guy again. Called a third time and talked to a nice gentleman. He ended up transferring me to someone else that quoted the same higher price. No supervisor on shift again. They keep saying issue with website quoting prices for CA residents when booking online.  Created online profile and was finally able to book at the website price. Not a good start to Princess. Almost 30 cruises in the past and no issues with getting online price when calling. 

When you see a price you like on the website just put it on "Hold" and then either call Princess to make payment or call a travel agent and tell them you have it on hold and could they help you book it.

• Like 2

Just now, suzyed said:

When you see a price you like on the website just put it on "Hold" and then either call Princess to make payment or call a travel agent and tell them you have it on hold and could they help you book it.

I put it on hold as it was a cluster from the beginning and not comfortable making deposit or final payment with Princess direct. Probably will transfer it to a TA who I have confidence with. Thank you for the suggestions.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, coaster said:

I put it on hold as it was a cluster from the beginning and not comfortable making deposit or final payment with Princess direct. Probably will transfer it to a TA who I have confidence with. Thank you for the suggestions.

That thread has the form you can use to transfer to any TA of your choosing.  You have 60 days to transfer, and so long as final payment has not been made. If you've paid in full already, you're screwed.

Also, Princess was backlogged with TA transfers and shareholder benefit requests at the beginning of the year, though things seem to have caught up. If you're thinking about transferring, it's better to do it sooner rather than later. E.g. if on Day 50 out of 60, you submit the form and Princess takes 12 days to get to it, they'll deny your claim. I seem to remember several people got screwed by deadlines,

19 hours ago, coaster said:

First booking ever with Princess. Called and price is $100 more pp on call. He can't honor Princess website price. Asked to speak to a supervisor and said none available. What the heck? 

There are large, well known online travel agencies that (almost) always offer prices lower than what you can get directly from any of the cruise lines. They offer ADDITIONAL OBC and added perks that are NOT offered by the cruise lines. No waiting for HOURS on hold... no getting transferred from one clueless agent to another.  Book through them instead of through the cruise lines. I have done so for over 10 years and over 35 cruises... (the most recent was just yesterday) with NEVER a complaint.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, teecee60 said:

There are large, well known online travel agencies that (almost) always offer prices lower than what you can get directly from any of the cruise lines. They offer ADDITIONAL OBC and added perks that are NOT offered by the cruise lines. No waiting for HOURS on hold... no getting transferred from one clueless agent to another.  Book through them instead of through the cruise lines. I have done so for over 10 years and over 35 cruises... (the most recent was just yesterday) with NEVER a complaint.

@coasterJust be aware that according to postings I've seen on this website since I joined in 2008, travel agencies are not allowed to advertise their lower rates for Princess cruises.  You must reach out to them by phone or email. 

I've had the same experience booking with a TA as @teecee60.  I start my research on the Princess website and then email my TA asking what her fare would be.  The savings can be considerable (7 to 12% plus occasional on board credit) and it is nice to have someone run interference if necessary with Princess.

• Like 2