Oceania Excursion Released for purchase

Oilersfan1969

Howdy folks,

I am getting ready for an Oceania cruise there are some Oceania excursions I want to be sure to book.  I wanted to ask if there is any knowledge on when excursions will go on sale.  We know the date (365 day prior to the cruise) but we’re wondering the time and the time zone.  Will it be midnight in Miami or some other time and time zone?

thanks to all for your insights.

Stu

13 minutes ago, Oilersfan1969 said:

Howdy folks,

I am getting ready for an Oceania cruise there are some Oceania excursions I want to be sure to book.  I wanted to ask if there is any knowledge on when excursions will go on sale.  We know the date (365 day prior to the cruise) but we’re wondering the time and the time zone.  Will it be midnight in Miami or some other time and time zone?

thanks to all for your insights.

Stu

In most cases, when O cites a specific opening date for any kind of reservation, required payment or optional purchase, it’s based on Eastern time.

confused?

You want to book a cruise  or you have a cruise booked & want to book excursions?

You can book excursions as soon as they are listed  in your cruise  at least 9 mths out  IME

Have never seen them go on sale 

Each time you get an original or updated Oceania invoice, it should usually have a group of other docs (some also updated). One of the updated ones will be the Shore Excursions PDF - the first iteration of it may be almost blank.
Oddly enough, that occasionally updated PDF may be more accurate than the O website and both of those items may not jive with what Oceania reps (either directly or via your TA) see in their company reservation system. 

Howdy folks,

Thanks for your replies.  I guess I was hoping for a time to go along with the date.  If it is midnight on December 10 in Miami that the excursions are released to be purchased, I know that I need to be ready at 9:00 PM on December 9th in my time zone to get on the Oceania site to purchase the excursions I want to be sure I get.

thanks!

Stu

2 minutes ago, Oilersfan1969 said:

Howdy folks,

Thanks for your replies.  I guess I was hoping for a time to go along with the date.  If it is midnight on December 10 in Miami that the excursions are released to be purchased, I know that I need to be ready at 9:00 PM on December 9th in my time zone to get on the Oceania site to purchase the excursions I want to be sure I get.

thanks!

Stu

You  may not know the  exact date they are released 

just keep checking  your cruise in  "MY ACCOUNT"  on O  website

Never seen people to rush to book excursions  but you never know 😉

Dinner reservations is another  ballgame altogether  though 😁

IME they are released and bookable one year ahead of sail date at 12:01 a.m. Miami time. I have never had a problem with availability of tours booking next day or even a few weeks later. Does not appear to be a situation like included specialty dining reservations where there is any kind of a mad scramble to book and choice times at venues are taken within hours of becoming available. However, if you are concerned, by all means jump right the second they become available and grab them!