Plenty of time until I depart. But, wanted to ask...

MisterMatthew

My background 1st:

Have cruised once.  It was Zuiderdam (04/22).  It was Sea of Cortez.

Made it a solo cruise. 

Upcoming:  7 days (on Eurodam) to Alaska (to/from Seattle).  Will sail in May, 2023

Okay, some questions: 

Does every single HAL cruise have "that" introduction in the Showroom?  You know, the one that brings out the Top crew members for Hotel, Food, Security, Navigation, and so forth?  (Forgive me, I'm sure the BIG CHEESE for each department has an official name.)  I kind of liked that they did it on my previous cruise.

I've been doing a bit of research, and from what I can tell comparing the Zuidy and Eurodam, the Eurodam has a pizza parlor.  And, the Eurodam has a slightly larger capacity.  I'm still learning as this will be my 2nd cruise.  Can you folks point out something (anything at all) that I should not overlook aboard the Eurodam?  No rush at all.  I have time.

Not that it matters..

I chose 6th deck, mid-ship, inside for my last cruise.  Felt like smooth sailing.

I chose 6th deck, mid-ship, inside for this cruise also.  I imagine (?) smooth sailing is ahead?

Thank you...

---Matthew

1 hour ago, MisterMatthew said:

(Forgive me, I'm sure the BIG CHEESE for each department has an official name.)

...the Eurodam has a slightly larger capacity.  I'm still learning as this will be my 2nd cruise.  Can you folks point out something (anything at all) that I should not overlook aboard the Eurodam? 

I chose 6th deck, mid-ship, inside for my last cruise.  Felt like smooth sailing.

I chose 6th deck, mid-ship, inside for this cruise also.  I imagine (?) smooth sailing is ahead?

The term for BIG CHEESE is "Officers". I do not know if the opening "performance" has weathered the pandemic; hopefully someone can answer.

Many people deem the presence of the Tamarind Restaurant the most important addition with the Signature Class of ships (which Eurodam is one of). Find it midships on Deck 11. You need to use the midship elevators to get to it -- not connected to the Crows Nest (maybe over open deck? DNK). Theme is Asian-Fusion. Menu is here: 

https://rogerjett-photography.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/Tamarind-2022.pdf

There is also a Tamarind Bar!

Good deck/cabin location, between other decks of staterooms/suites. Should be quiet and smooth for you.

Just off the Eurodam.  Cabin choice sounds fine.  I think you are referring to the Captain’s Toast which definitely should happen.  My favorite entertainment venue was Lincoln Center Stage.  Enjoy Alaska.

Roy 

I sailed the Zuiderdam in September and have sailed HAL many times before.  I must say the officers and team onboard were very outgoing and social compared to others.  I am not swayed either way but they definitely seemed more accessible.  There is always an ask the captain seminar, how engaging that is depends on the captain