Culinary Arts Restaurant

mcrcruiser

9 hours ago, crystalspin said:

Thanks FG50-- I didn't know if this was something very new or very old!

Hopefully it’s not something new that I just haven’t heard about.  I don’t think it was terribly popular.  As I remember it had two seatings with two set menus.  I love me a specialty restaurant but that one never appealed. I believe it was only on the koningsdam. It never made its way further at least under that moniker.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Mosaic said:

The CO on Kdam was built as a specialty restaurant---a farm to table place with fixed menus.  It was great, with wine included.  CO is just a shadow of what it was.  It was a fine time...

If it was that great it would still be there.  Club orange is a much better addition.  I guess it’s good that it had one fan.  It’s amazing what “free” wine will do 😛😉.

As stated, "Dinner at the Culinary Arts Center" was on Koningsdam when she first joined the fleet in May, 2016. The venue has since been changed to Club Orange and the CAC concept itself became America's Test Kitchen (ATK) in October 2016 however, it also has gone by the wayside starting in early 2020. There was talk about HAL restarting it as regional cooking from the various ports visited but then Covid hit and it, the regional food concept, has not been initiated. Dunno where that stands as we speak  

Reimagined Culinary Arts Center Now Also a Dinner Venue
As guests make their way along the culinary promenade, they’ll pass the Culinary Arts Center presented by Food & Wine magazine. On Koningsdam, the center becomes a dedicated shipboard setting with a dramatic show kitchen and individual cooking stations that will be used exclusively for Culinary Arts Center activities such as cooking demonstrations and hands-on classes by visiting celebrity chefs and the ship’s own experts. Regionally inspired workshops, as well as kids’ and teens’ cooking classes, also will be featured. Large mirrors, viewing screens and an open kitchen make it possible for everyone to watch the food preparation and learn from the comfort of their table.

http://www.hollandamerica.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/KODM_Culinary_Arts_Center.jpg

In the evening, the room transforms into a new dining concept called Dinner at the Culinary Arts Center, an immersive farm-to-table experience where the chefs prepare simple, artisanal dishes in the show kitchen and guests enjoy each course as it’s freshly prepared. Every meal will emphasize fresh, thoughtfully sourced selections while incorporating select ingredients harvested from a glass-enclosed growing area just off the kitchen.

Lining the entry to the Culinary Arts Center are nine interactive displays that allow guests to explore the lives of food and wine luminaries, their culinary secrets, recipe tips, favorite dishes and more.

Edited by Copper10-8
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1