Can Aqua Class select a cabin not in their category?

NJRonbo

This may be a silly question, but I won't find out for certain unless I ask...

Have always wanted to try an AFT cabin.  Everyone raves about them.

I was disappointed when I booked an Aqua Class cabin aboard Summit next year that all the AFT cabins were taken.  So, I just booked what was available.

Then I come to find out, there ARE two AFT cabins presently available on the cruise (deck 9)

The reason I never saw them was due to picking Aqua Class and assuming all cabins on Deck 9 were AQ classified.  

Is it possible to call customer service, have them switch my room to an AFT while keeping me in AQ benefits?

I would think the only thing I would lose is the special cabin amenities that come with Aqua Class.

Mind you, it's not do or die that I get an AFT cabin.  If I stand to lose more than I gain, or, it's impossible to make the change, I'll just stay where I am.

Thanks, in advance, for all who answer.

1 minute ago, Cruise Gopher said:

No, the system won’t let you or an agent pick a non-Aqua cabin with the Aqua rate/perks. 

Keep watching for an Aft facing Aqua cabin to potentially open up around final payment time. 

Oh, there are AFT AQ cabins?  Interesting. 

Will definitely check around final payment time.  Thanks for the helpful response.

2 minutes ago, shipshape sam said:

I would choose aft facing cabin over AQ category anyday if we were on a warm weather sailing.  

Obviously, price would come into the discussion too.  🙂

Yeah, I completely understand.

Would love to try an AFT facing cabin.

However, giving up BLU and access to the Spa (which my girlfriend wants) is just too much to step down.

I am going to keep an eye on possible AQ AFT cancellations on my current cruise close to final payment day.

Aft AQ cabins are Deck 11, FYI.  1138-1141 in the middle are CC favorites.  Good luck.  Another benefit is the practically private staircase directly to the Sunset Bar and OVC.  You won't find those conveniences on S or E class.

Edited by marieps
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, marieps said:

Aft AQ cabins are Deck 11, FYI.  1138-1141 in the middle are CC favorites.  Good luck.  Another benefit is the practically private staircase directly to the Sunset Bar and OVC.  You won't find those conveniences on S or E class.

Aaah, thanks.  Unfortunately, those are already taken on my cruise but good to know that is where the AQ AFT cabins are.

2 hours ago, NJRonbo said:

Yeah, I completely understand.

Would love to try an AFT facing cabin.

However, giving up BLU and access to the Spa (which my girlfriend wants) is just too much to step down.

I am going to keep an eye on possible AQ AFT cancellations on my current cruise close to final payment day.

Specialty dining package and spa pass (I think was $129/person on my previous 7 night sailing)