Live from brand new MSC Seascape

luv2cruzuk

I'm currently onboard the MSC Seascape - having a fantastic cruise. 

I'm happy to answer any questions or find out information for you, just drop a reply in this thread and I'll pick it up and respond as soon as I can.

I haven't seen the Robotron working yet - I think they are still working on getting it up and running.  I've asked our fabulous butler to find out some more information on when it might be ready as I am keen to give it a try!

Food has been wonderful in the Yacht Club so far. I've tried the Butchers Cut for lunch and it was amazing.

I've also done a couple of room tour videos on YouTube:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the videos. 

It does still bug me that MSC often uses a photo/rendering of a larger wheelchair accessible interior room as a representation of the standard interior room. Your video shows what most of the interior YC  staterooms are really like.

On Seashore, I was right next to the stateroom that you are in and on my cruise, that stateroom was empty. It's such a great location and I'm surprised that it wasn't booked. The view from the balcony is great since it is after the bump out. 

• Like 3

Thanks for sharing these videos! Everything looks awesome! If you have a chance, could you please share with us the following:

1) Is there a bowling alley in the ship? I'm pretty sure there's not, but just in case. 

2) Could you post the Aurea Spa prices (particularly the thermal area 'day passes')? 

3) Have you used the laundry services? If so, how was the result? 

Thanks again!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, travelwide said:

Can you tell me who the Hotel and YC director are? Glad you are having a great time.

Thanks for the reply. The Yacht Club Director is a lovely Scottish guy called Robbie Sheriffs. 

Cruise director is Gene Young

Captain is Captain Francesco Di Palma

Edited by luv2cruzuk

• Host Carolyn changed the title to Live from brand new MSC Seascape

Thanks for the OS walkthrough.

I've gone back and forth with booking the OS vs the RS. On my next cruise, the Royal Suite was booked (held?) so I called to book the Owner's Suite. The website was acting up so I couldn't do it online as I usually do. When I called, the rep could see the problem with booking and saw that 1 RS was still in inventory as well as the 2 OS. I immediately took the Royal Suite even though I've already been in the exact same stateroom before. Without the website glitch, I would have booked the OS. 

For interior space, the OS is superior.

For balcony space and usefulness, the RS is superior. 

They each only have 1 bathroom which is a negative. The Duplex Suites on the Meraviglia/Meraviglia Plus ships and the World Class ships have 2 bathrooms. Traveling as a family of 4, the 2nd bathroom is important but obviously not a deal breaker. When I book World America, I'll be deciding between the Duplex with whirlpool (some are without whirlpool) and the Royal Suite (there are 2 configurations). The OS on the World Class ships (also 2 configurations) are nice but I'm not too happy with the forward-facing balcony. I've seen video of the RS balcony but I can't decide what the pergola-looking cover would be like once on the ship. 

Thanks again for the videos.

Edited by Two Wheels Only
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, nednrom said:

Do you know or could you find out if the hot tub outside the thermal area is available with a thermal pass?  We have puchased a week long thermal pass but not sure if the outside area is also included.  It looks very nice.

The outside hot tub is included in the thermal pass. As well as all of the outside area. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, luv2cruzuk said:

There is a mini bowling for kids in the arcade, but it’s not a bowling alley as such!

MSC Seaside, MSC Seaview and MSC Seashore have bowling lanes for adults.. why not MSC Seascape, which is the same class as MSC Seashore ?

On 11/24/2022 at 12:40 PM, Two Wheels Only said:

Thanks for the OS walkthrough.

I've gone back and forth with booking the OS vs the RS. On my next cruise, the Royal Suite was booked (held?) so I called to book the Owner's Suite. The website was acting up so I couldn't do it online as I usually do. When I called, the rep could see the problem with booking and saw that 1 RS was still in inventory as well as the 2 OS. I immediately took the Royal Suite even though I've already been in the exact same stateroom before. Without the website glitch, I would have booked the OS. 

For interior space, the OS is superior.

For balcony space and usefulness, the RS is superior. 

They each only have 1 bathroom which is a negative. The Duplex Suites on the Meraviglia/Meraviglia Plus ships and the World Class ships have 2 bathrooms. Traveling as a family of 4, the 2nd bathroom is important but obviously not a deal breaker. When I book World America, I'll be deciding between the Duplex with whirlpool (some are without whirlpool) and the Royal Suite (there are 2 configurations). The OS on the World Class ships (also 2 configurations) are nice but I'm not too happy with the forward-facing balcony. I've seen video of the RS balcony but I can't decide what the pergola-looking cover would be like once on the ship. 

Thanks again for the videos.

Can you share some insight on any added benefits to booking the RS or OS vs the YC deluxe or interior?  (Besides space) On celebrity there are some added benefits to those categories but I’m relatively new to MSC so not as up on all the benefits. TIA

15 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Can you share some insight on any added benefits to booking the RS or OS vs the YC deluxe or interior?  (Besides space) On celebrity there are some added benefits to those categories but I’m relatively new to MSC so not as up on all the benefits. TIA

The only exclusive benefit I've read about is that the Royal Suite (but not Owners Suite?) gets a reserved cabana on the YC sundeck.

• Thanks 1

On 11/24/2022 at 9:03 AM, luv2cruzuk said:

We did use the Laundry Service for pressing my tuxedo and shirt. It came back crisp and like new!

So, how is the overall ambiance?

Are enough people dressing up, such that one does not feel out of place in the public areas even as single?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, peder said:

The only exclusive benefit I've read about is that the Royal Suite (but not Owners Suite?) gets a reserved cabana on the YC sundeck.

Both Royal Suite and Owner's Suite categories get a reserved cabana on the sundeck.

Also, both have a whirlpool on the balcony.

Edited by Two Wheels Only
  • Thanks 2