Celebrity Wifi package

Dave Simpson

We are travelling in December and got cruise only.  Can someone who has travelled recently explain the wifi packages post covid.

Before Covid, you could buy a package for multiple devices, ie you and your wife could but only one device logged in at a time. That is all we ever needed.

Now when i go to purchase, it says "per person" with a discount for multiple devices I assume that means multiple devices at the same time.

My question is, can you buy one wifi package and log in and out on multiple devices, ie ipad / laptop / wifes phone etc.

Thanks...

16 hours ago, slk1000 said:

Thanks:( I was wondering about text messaging on the app.  On MSC you can message through the app.

Yes, you can text message others on the ship through the app but I believe there may be a daily charge, $1.99 comes to mind, but am not sure if that was on Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, 0r both. 

Edited by DaKahuna
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, slk1000 said:

let me know if there is a way to communicate with the person I'm sailing with through the app or would I need to buy a 2 device wifi plan?  

You don't need any plan to communicate through the app with the person you are sailing with.

• Thanks 1

On 11/23/2022 at 4:40 PM, slk1000 said:

I'm hoping someone could please let me know if there is a way to communicate with the person I'm sailing with through the app or would I need to buy a 2 device wifi plan?  

There is a messaging feature in the app.   Sometimes it makes a ping when you receive a message other times no.   You do not need an account for this.    I you do have a classic or premium internet you can just use regular messaging

10 hours ago, TXGREG said:

there is no real alert to let you know that a message has arrived.

For some reason, I'm remembering we did get notifications back in August on Solstice (unlike the previous year on Silhouette and Apex). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Message history in the Celebrity app disappears when your cruise is over so if you are exchanging contact information to stay in touch after there cruise, you need to transfer it or you’ll lose it. 

• Thanks 1