Save Time at Embarkation -Verifly??

embpat

Just got an e-mail  to download Verfly for my upcoming cruise in December. I haven't downloaded it yet but it seems to be  an app for covid vaccinations, etc. Is this something new  that we must complete before sailing or can we just  do the health questionnaire?

We used it last month and it did save some time, but now with the changes in Covid requirements I doubt that you need it.  Back then there was a separate line for it, but I hear that now this is no longer true.

I would just skip it unless your cruise is to an area that still requires Covid tests/cards.

• Like 2

Which cruise? It may be destination/port specific. None of the embarkations I have been on after October 1st have used it and there was no separate line or checking at the pier.  I just got off Rotterdam in Ft. Lauderdale on Sunday.  No Verifly there any of the 5 times I've been there in the last two months.  I personally wouldn't bother as it seems to not be in use CURRENTLY.

I last used it leaving Vancouver Canada on September 25, 2022 boarding the Nieuw Amsterdam going to Alaska.  A week after that Canada stopped their Covid testing requirements therefore Verifly would not be needed by HAL I believe.

OOps, was posting at the same time as @DaveOKC!!  He and I agree on our answers anyway!!  

😁

Have a good cruise!

~Nancy

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, embpat said:

Just got an e-mail  to download Verfly for my upcoming cruise in December. I haven't downloaded it yet but it seems to be  an app for covid vaccinations, etc. Is this something new  that we must complete before sailing or can we just  do the health questionnaire?

Sometimes HAL sends notices that do not apply to your cruise.  Which itinerary are you cruising?  Covid standards still exist in some areas.  Do you need to show proof of vaccination?  If HAL asks you to download Verifly you should probably do it  to be sure you have completed all of the necessary documentation in order to join the ship.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, embpat said:

My cruise is a 7 day leaving Dec 10th  on the Statendam going to Aruba and Curaçao.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, embpat said:

My cruise is a 7 day leaving Dec 10th  on the Statendam going to Aruba and Curaçao.  

On my Statendam sailing to Aruba and Curacao, there was no separate line or use of Verifly during embarkation. The only teeeny advantage to using it was that I could complete the health assessment sooner than the one on the regular HAL website. No covid information required to check in and board whatsoever.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, embpat said:

I didn't need it for Aruba and Curacao cruise out of FLL on October 30th.  No Covid stuff checked other than the Health Assessment question on HAL site.

• Like 1

We got the same email for our Caribbean sailing. I already have the app from previous sailings and completed it anyway, though with restrictions lifted I’m not sure it’ll be needed. 
my experience using it on other sailings pre covid requirements being lifted, it was MUCH quicker to get through check in with VeriFLY vs without. 

We got the same notification for our cruise on the Oosterdam out of Barcelona.  I didn’t bother with it after reading so many not needing it.  Our cruise had a fully vaccinated requirement and all they wanted to see was my proof of vaccination.

There was no verify lineup and no one asked for it.