Upgrading FAS Wifi to Unlimited

RadioPeri

Hi all, just booked a 12-day Getaway cruise for January, and received 300 minutes per person as part of the FAS program. Upgrading to FAS+ doesn't make sense to us as all we need extra is wifi, so what's the best way to do that? I'm assuming we wait until we get on board, but what kind of packages/trade-ins can we expect? Haven't cruised NCL in years, so have no idea how this works.

Thank you in advance!

Peri

5 hours ago, RadioPeri said:

Hi all, just booked a 12-day Getaway cruise for January, and received 300 minutes per person as part of the FAS program. Upgrading to FAS+ doesn't make sense to us as all we need extra is wifi, so what's the best way to do that? I'm assuming we wait until we get on board, but what kind of packages/trade-ins can we expect? Haven't cruised NCL in years, so have no idea how this works.

Thank you in advance!

Peri

If you log on to your reservation, under internet or upgrades, you should have the option to upgrade to a unlimited and unlimited streaming wifi package. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, hallux said:

There's discussion of this in this recent thread - 

I booked this "free at sea plus"  for my Prima cruise 15 jan but cannot see it for my Escape cruise 7 Jan- is it available for all ships?

9 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

If you log on to your reservation, under internet or upgrades, you should have the option to upgrade to a unlimited and unlimited streaming wifi package. 

Thank you, I see that, but it doesn't seem to take into account the 300 minutes I already have. It looks like our best bet is to wait until we get on board at this point, and see what they'll do for us then.

This is a ridiculous, vestigial charge that consumers need to make go away. Can you imagine staying at a resort or other vacation property that charges you $20 per person per day to use the wifi?? The mainstream cruiselines haven't caught up with the rest of the world yet, and for frequent travelers, it's all the more frustrating and absurd.

4 hours ago, kenzie said:

I booked this "free at sea plus"  for my Prima cruise 15 jan but cannot see it for my Escape cruise 7 Jan- is it available for all ships?

It should be, maybe you need to call for it for some reason?

1 hour ago, RadioPeri said:

Thank you, I see that, but it doesn't seem to take into account the 300 minutes I already have. It looks like our best bet is to wait until we get on board at this point, and see what they'll do for us then.

So yours has a higher price than this?

image.thumb.png.6e0db858f0bd0489bb37da2a2f181ec2.png

Keep in mind - the 300 minutes is actually 150 per passenger.  The price listed above is one passenger as I'm sailing solo in a Studio.  The package is normally $25 per day.  The trick, as I explained in the thread I linked above, is to wait until the second day if you can, get the credit for the unused 150 minute package and save the day of use (for which you actually only get 1/2 of the day at the full price anyway).

Our package actually says 2 x 300 minutes, so who knows?? At this point, we'll wait until we're on board and see what's up then. We'll have phone service for quite a bit, so no hurry for internet immediately.

Appreciate your feedback. As I said, this is just a ridiculous, unnecessary annoyance these days. but it's what we signed up for.

22 hours ago, RadioPeri said:

Our package actually says 2 x 300 minutes, so who knows?? At this point, we'll wait until we're on board and see what's up then. We'll have phone service for quite a bit, so no hurry for internet immediately.

Appreciate your feedback. As I said, this is just a ridiculous, unnecessary annoyance these days. but it's what we signed up for.

my 14day cruise earlier this month and upgraded to unlimited on day #2:

trade in value for 300min is only $145. 😞

(trade in value for 150min is $100)

but instead of the $30/day upgrade price for shorter cruises, it's $25/day for longer cruises.

so basically same $ per day price with trade in.

Edited by fstuff1
  • Like 1