Celebrity Beyond cabin selection -- Sky Suite (S1)

DEOinTX

We are sailing in a Sky Suite (S1) on 12/1/23 10-day Southern Caribbean sailing on Celebrity Beyond.  Trying to determine which cabin to choose.  Decent amount of availability right now.

Wondering...

• Port side or Starboard?
  • Best deck? (avail on 10 and 11 primarily for the non-Aft Sky Suites) 
  • Do elevator banks in Midship cause a lot of noise? (e.g., is 11207 or 11208 too close the elevators?)
  • Will Magic Carpet affect view/shade (it obviously will for the S3 Sky Suites) 

Thank you in advance!

17 minutes ago, ALANG said:

DEOinTX,

Talked to a couple who have sailed on the Beyond in 11214 and the raved about it, no issues.  So I booked 11212 on the same cruise you are sailing 12/1/2023.  Welcome aboard!

Fantastic! Thanks for the info.  I am sure you can't go wrong with any S1 suite, but I am going back and forth about Starboard vs. Port side.  First world problems!

3 hours ago, danceswithphones said:

After much research, and sailing on the Beyond a couple of weeks ago, we chose 9163 for the Ascent. Deck plans are the same.

Thx!  What were the main reasons for choosing that cabin? 

13 hours ago, DEOinTX said:

What were the main reasons for choosing that cabin?

We were in a starboard side Edge Villa on the Beyond a couple of weeks ago. Beautiful ship! We loved the Retreat and knew we wanted to be in a suite on the Ascent (deck plans are identical). I selected 9163 because it's close to the elevators to the Retreat, yet far enough away to not be noisy. There not a door to an inside room directly across from it. It's on the forward bump-out (notice the IV room next door begins the recessed area). There's actually a wall on the aft side of the verandah. This eliminates noise from one side of the 9163 verandah. No sofa bed in this room. Don't know that it matters but we were in an Owner's Suite on the Sky Princess and the couch kept trying to turn itself into a bed (cushions wouldn't stay on). The big draw is the proximity to the elevators and being port side (no Magic Carpet issues). 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DEOinTX said:

Fantastic! Thanks for the info.  I am sure you can't go wrong with any S1 suite, but I am going back and forth about Starboard vs. Port side.  First world problems!

Since you are going south leaving and then north to get back to FLL, not much difference between port and starboard. If on the portside going south the morning sun will be on your balcony but coming back going north, it will not be. In a SS we like to have our butler bring us breakfast on our balcony every morning so we try to pick the side that will have the fewest days with morning sun on our balcony.

We have booked S1 cabins near the elevators and never had a noise complaint, but very convenient to go anywhere on the ship to be closer to them. On the Edge class ships the more forward cabins on deck 10 or 11 are very convenient to all of the retreat facilities above them.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 1