Booking confirmation/refundable deposit question

I just booked a cruise and opted for the refundable deposit, however, the following statement was included on my confirmation email: "The booking is currently subject to USD 100.00 cancellation penalties at time of this booking invoice 25 NOV 2022. This amount may increase based on the cruise penalty schedule."

Could this be because I applied a $100 FCC? Are FCCs nonrefundable once applied?

2 minutes ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

I just booked a cruise and opted for the refundable deposit, however, the following statement was included on my confirmation email: "The booking is currently subject to USD 100.00 cancellation penalties at time of this booking invoice 25 NOV 2022. This amount may increase based on the cruise penalty schedule."

Could this be because I applied a $100 FCC? Are FCCs nonrefundable once applied?

depends on the FCC.

Make sure on your reservation that you do not see any NRD after the cruise fare lines on the pricing under the booking charges section

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

depends on the FCC.

Make sure on your reservation that you do not see any NRD after the cruise fare lines on the pricing under the booking charges section

Thanks. No NRD listed anywhere.

This FCC was originally from a NRD booking though now that I think about it.

1 hour ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

Thanks. No NRD listed anywhere.

This FCC was originally from a NRD booking though now that I think about it.

If you spplied something non refundable it remains non refundable. If not this would be the way to cash out all non refundable FCCs..

12 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

If you spplied something non refundable it remains non refundable. If not this would be the way to cash out all non refundable FCCs..

Makes sense. I knew I was never going to get to cash out on the FCC, but I was under the impression that if I cancelled the cruise, the FCC would be reissued.