NCL "Caves & Waves" Excursion?

bruzin_for_a_cruizin

We will be in Bermuda for three days staying on Prima in April. I'd like to see the cave there; with the $50 excursion credit with NCL, is it worthwhile to book the Cave & Wave excursion at CAD$175 pp, or is it easy enough to achieve the same experience on our own?

It's our first time with NCL, and it feels like the excursions are a little higher in price than I'm used to with RCL/X.

15 minutes ago, bruzin_for_a_cruizin said:

It's our first time with NCL, and it feels like the excursions are a little higher in price than I'm used to with RCL/X.

$175 pp is a bit hefty. For perspective, a ticket for either the Crystal or Fantasy caves is $24pp and a combo ticket for both caves is $35 (children are $10 and $12). 

NCL runs a free ferry from the Dockyard to St Georges and even if you took a taxi from there to the Caves (making sure to stop at the Swizzle Inn either on the way to or from!) you are looking at about an $18 taxi ride each way for up to 4 people. 

So for two adults with the combined tickets you are looking at $106 total including transportation vs $175pp. 

I'd find another place to use the $50 credit. 

4 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

The $50 credit for shore excursions is a wasted benefit in Bermuda. Absolutely no need to do ship's excursions there. Since you are there for a couple of days, very easy to figure out things yourself, and not worry about missing the ship.

Actually during the summer I've used it to go to Horseshoe Bay and back.  NCL charges $49 so the $50 credit covers the entire cost. Yes, I could take a minibus for $14 total roundtrip, but why pay $14 instead of $ 0 for identical transportation?   The duration of the NCL excursion is about 4 hours and because a couple of hours on the beach is all the time I care to spend there it works out perfectly for me.

There are also a couple of sightseeing boat tours...the glass bottom boat tour and famous homes and hideaways tour, where your net cost after subtracting the $50 NCL shore excursion after is considerably less than booking the identical tour directly through Island Tour Centre