What will insurance cover-influenza A

heidiatmn1

In our party-not me thankfully. Mom and 2 adult daughters booked 2 rooms. Mom tested positive for influenza A and told not to travel (DR note) so 2 daughter don't want to go without Mom. They all 3 took out Carnival insurance so I assume 2 rooms will be covered-agree? What about flights, and hotel not booked thru carnival?

https://affinitytravelcert.com/document/pdfs/Carnival_TX_05_21.pdf

Here is a link to the policy. See #1 under Reasons for Cancellation. Illness of you, your traveling companion, or immediate family member is covered. That includes independently booked air but not hotels. I expect that you should be able to cancel those before a deadline, but it depends on the terms of your booking.

The insurance should have a phone number included to call about claims or coverage.  They will more than likely be better served calling and hearing the information from the source.  In addition they should have some kind of info from the travel company in writing that gives some explanation of coverage to start with.   

Edited by Drazil65
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, mz-s said:

They need to call Carnival and/or the travel insurance carrier directly. They'll have to call anyway to file a claim so why not call them now?

They will. So sick she didn’t want to get out of bed/make the call yesterday. Her daughters are helping her with it today.