Giovanni’s Lunch?

slyster

I noticed Chops Grille has lunch available.  Can anyone tell me if Giovanni’s is open for lunch for sea days?  If so, is the lunch menu the same as the dinner menu?  Lastly, is it cheaper for lunch than it is for dinner?  

We have a 3 night dining package and Giovannis lost to Samba Grill, Izumi Hibachi, and 150 Central Park.  I could spend another night in a speciality restaurant, but I was hoping Giovannis provided lunch too.  Thanks in advance!

57 minutes ago, slyster said:

I noticed Chops Grille has lunch available.  Can anyone tell me if Giovanni’s is open for lunch for sea days?  If so, is the lunch menu the same as the dinner menu?  Lastly, is it cheaper for lunch than it is for dinner?  

We have a 3 night dining package and Giovannis lost to Samba Grill, Izumi Hibachi, and 150 Central Park.  I could spend another night in a speciality restaurant, but I was hoping Giovannis provided lunch too.  Thanks in advance!

Yes it's open.  We made all of our UDP reservations there after boarding the Allure last month.   After booking we had lunch there.  It was open for lunch on other sea days too.  It does cost less at lunch but I don't remember how much.  You can get some of the nicer meals like the 8oz filet mignon.  I had the hamburger and the best potato soup that I have ever had. 

We will probably do the 3 night in January rather than the UDP.  We will do 2 Giovannis and 1 Chops.

20221015_123912.thumb.jpg.51c3c5f975e6f49e557d6a5203a57343.jpg

20221015_122311.thumb.jpg.b376216b5d2d2afaacbbe66e32d24707.jpg

20221015_120136.thumb.jpg.d874010b0b8eb3291b53802c24f2c42b.jpg

20221015_122116.thumb.jpg.f748280e2bba05743fb0990f32490de7.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, monorail81 said:

Yes it is. You cam check the times it’ll be open on the app. 

thanks. The restaurant isn’t showing in the app yet (neither is chops, samba, and 150 CP). Cruise is in august.  I’ll keep an eye on it!

On 11/26/2022 at 1:30 PM, slyster said:

It is now in our cruise planner for a June sailing. Lunch is on sale today for $15.99 dinner is on sale for $40.99. Slightly fewer choices for lunch but still a great meal.  Chop's lunch is $17.99, smaller steaks and no Bershire Pork Belly appitizer for lunch. 

Edited by taglovestocruise

45 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

It is now in our cruise planner for a June sailing. Lunch is on sale today for $15.99 dinner is on sale for $40.99. Slightly fewer choices for lunch but still a great meal.  Chop's lunch is $17.99, smaller steaks and no Bershire Pork Belly appitizer for lunch. 

Thank you!  I have been seeing dinner for $34.99.  $15.99 would be worth it to us!

On 11/26/2022 at 8:13 PM, slyster said:

thanks. The restaurant isn’t showing in the app yet (neither is chops, samba, and 150 CP). Cruise is in august.  I’ll keep an eye on it!

You can switch to a sailing date that is closer in the app and take a look at the menus.  That gives you a pretty good idea of what will be available.  🙂

23 minutes ago, jk04 said:

You can switch to a sailing date that is closer in the app and take a look at the menus.  That gives you a pretty good idea of what will be available.  🙂

I couldn't figure out how to do that.  Can you tell me what I need to do in the app to see other menus closer in sailing dates?

15 minutes ago, slyster said:

I couldn't figure out how to do that.  Can you tell me what I need to do in the app to see other menus closer in sailing dates?

Sure!  In the app up at the top over on the right, click on the icon that looks like a person.  The next screen usually shows your current cruise.  Underneath the title of the current cruise in the top card is a link for Select a different cruise, click on that.  That will take you to a list of all your cruises you may have.  At the bottom is another link for Browse our Ships, select that.  Pick the ship you want, and then a sailing date that you want.  From there, you can look at the dining with the menus and times for each day.  If you haven't done that before, when you get to the menu, there is a drop down for Times to pick a different day.

To go back to your cruise just do the first couple of steps again to select your original cruise.  Hope that helps. ☺️

Edited by jk04

56 minutes ago, jk04 said:

Sure!  In the app up at the top over on the right, click on the icon that looks like a person.  The next screen usually shows your current cruise.  Underneath the title of the current cruise in the top card is a link for Select a different cruise, click on that.  That will take you to a list of all your cruises you may have.  At the bottom is another link for Browse our Ships, select that.  Pick the ship you want, and then a sailing date that you want.  From there, you can look at the dining with the menus and times for each day.  If you haven't done that before, when you get to the menu, there is a drop down for Times to pick a different day.

To go back to your cruise just do the first couple of steps again to select your original cruise.  Hope that helps. ☺️

I found it!  Seems I can see any sailing.  The dates go through March 19, 2023.  Pretty cool! 

• Like 1