Club Orange Cruisers - Luggage Tags + Priority Embarkation Questions

forevercruising1

Hello, all!

We have a few clarification questions for those of you who are recent Club Orange cruisers.

We'll be cruising on the Koningsdam in December and have a few questions.  We have two cabins -- one Neptune Suite and one linked Verandah Cabin that has Club Orange.

1.  Our Neptune Luggage Tags have "Priority" written on them, highlighted in the color yellow.  Since Club Orange also has priority boarding, should that luggage tag also say "Priority"?

2.  Is the yellow color on the Neptune luggage tags for the ship (Koningsdam) or for the cabin category?

3.  Will both cabins still need to follow an assigned boarding time, when assigned, or will we be able to board at any time?  (Is that the same for the Club Orange Cabin, as well as the Neptune Suite?)

We have sailed in Neptune Suites prior to this, but have never purchased Club Orange before, so we aren't sure how the Club Orange benefits work for the verandah cabin.  We want to be proactive and make sure we know the details ahead of time, so any information from any of you would be much appreciated!

Thank you!  🙂

Edited by forevercruising1

1.  Our Neptune Luggage Tags have "Priority" written on them, highlighted in the color yellow.  Since Club Orange also has priority boarding, should that luggage tag also say "Priority"?

Yes.

2.  Is the yellow color on the Neptune luggage tags for the ship (Koningsdam) or for the cabin category?

I believe it is the ship color but I sometimes print in black and white (and sometimes not at all) and my bags always make it to my room.

3.  Will both cabins still need to follow an assigned boarding time, when assigned, or will we be able to board at any time?  (Is that the same for the Club Orange Cabin, as well as the Neptune Suite?)

Club Orange passengers receive the same boarding privileges as Neptune Suite passengers.  Check-in at any time and — assuming there is a separate lounge at embarkation port — CO passengers also have access to that lounge.  (You don’t mention which port so can’t provide specifics.)

One thing to note is that sometimes the employees at the terminal only look at the stars or suite type on the boarding pass so you may have to point out the priority access for the CO passengers so they can check in through the priority lane.

• Like 1

Only had CO twice.  First was Eurodam last November (first sailing once she arrived in the US).

At the pier, I tried to head down the Priority line and was stopped.  Told the rep I had Priority.  She didn't want to let me in that line although I was showing her that my boarding pass (printed) clearly said Priority on it.  But only two stars at that time.  I finally said I had Club Orange and she was OK with that.  Seriously, if my boarding pass shows Priority, why did she want to argue with me about it?

In Vancouver, I took the HAL bus from Seattle, so we didn't arrive until after two.  The confusion in the terminal there was the Verifly (or not) lines.  I don't even remember seeing a Priority check-in line there but it was a mess.

Funny that on Carnival, ,when they started selling their Faster To The Fun add-on, so started putting Priority on luggage tags for those, Platinum, and Diamond status pax, my luggage arrived later than ever.  It was almost like the people who boarded first got their luggage last.  Not much of a perk!!

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

Your luggage doesn’t get delivered any faster with club orange.  I wonder if it gets delivered an quicker in a Neptune suite. I was in the first boarding group on the koningsdam on Nov 11 which was 11:30.  We boarded closer to 12.  My luggage didn’t show until about 3:30.

We had Priority boarding and luggage tags for Neptune Suite. We were first to drop off luggage and first to board. Sail away was 4 and at 3:30 I asked cabin steward and concierge where our bag was. They had to search but finally arrived as we sailed. Baggage priority doesn't matter but CO should have same boarding with suites. @forevercruising1may want to print out the info showing the cabins linked just in case boarding is an issue. Also may want to send message to HAL regarding linked booking and boarding times. Boarding Pass time still may change before you get to Port. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I have my original tags still on my luggage.  Just got off the koningsdam yesterday.  I had club orange.  Nowhere on the tags does it say priority.  I can’t speak for Neptune suites.

Thanks for the information -- does your luggage tag say "Club Orange" anywhere on it?  Our CO cabin tags do not, so we want to make sure the tags are printing correctly.  Thanks!

3 hours ago, REOVA said:

We had Priority boarding and luggage tags for Neptune Suite. We were first to drop off luggage and first to board. Sail away was 4 and at 3:30 I asked cabin steward and concierge where our bag was. They had to search but finally arrived as we sailed. Baggage priority doesn't matter but CO should have same boarding with suites. @forevercruising1may want to print out the info showing the cabins linked just in case boarding is an issue. Also may want to send message to HAL regarding linked booking and boarding times. Boarding Pass time still may change before you get to Port. 

Good advice, REOVA -- thank you!

6 hours ago, *Miss G* said:

Yes.

I believe it is the ship color but I sometimes print in black and white (and sometimes not at all) and my bags always make it to my room.

Club Orange passengers receive the same boarding privileges as Neptune Suite passengers.  Check-in at any time and — assuming there is a separate lounge at embarkation port — CO passengers also have access to that lounge.  (You don’t mention which port so can’t provide specifics.)

One thing to note is that sometimes the employees at the terminal only look at the stars or suite type on the boarding pass so you may have to point out the priority access for the CO passengers so they can check in through the priority lane.

Thank you for the detailed responses!  Much appreciated! 

In San Diego my boarding pass said “Priority” and I had Club Orange.  The only passengers who were allowed to go onboard as soon as the ship was ready for boarding were 4* Mariners.  I had to tell the staff that I was 4* before they gave me priority access to the boarding check in line.  Best advice is to arrive at your assigned boarding time or after.  The terminal staff’s job is to see that all passengers get onboard in an orderly manner.  Your luggage should have your luggage tags attached when you get to the ship.  The luggage staff will collect your bags and they will be delivered to your stateroom.  The tags will be coded for deck,  location and stateroom# for delivery purposes.  

Club Orange will allow both staterooms occupants to have breakfast and dinner in Club Orange.  It also will exempt you from having to get tender tickets, you can get in the tender line at any time…just show your room card.

There has been a lot of discussion on this board about the challenging boarding process now that the ships are sailing “full”.  Since your bookings are linked you hopefully will get the same boarding time.  If not just go together sometime around the earlier boarding time.

Edited by oaktreerb
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, oaktreerb said:

In San Diego my boarding pass said “Priority” and I had Club Orange.  The only passengers who were allowed to go onboard as soon as the ship was ready for boarding were 4* Mariners.  I had to tell the staff that I was 4* before they gave me priority access to the boarding check in line.  Best advice is to arrive at your assigned boarding time or after.  The terminal staff’s job is to see that all passengers get onboard in an orderly manner.  Your luggage should have your luggage tags attached when you get to the ship.  The luggage staff will collect your bags and they will be delivered to your stateroom.  The tags will be coded for deck,  location and stateroom# for delivery purposes.  

Club Orange will allow both staterooms occupants to have breakfast and dinner in Club Orange.  It also will exempt you from having to get tender tickets, you can get in the tender line at any time…just show your room card.

There has been a lot of discussion on this board about the challenging boarding process now that the ships are sailing “full”.  Since your bookings are linked you hopefully will get the same boarding time.  If not just go together sometime around the earlier boarding time.

Thank you!  We will be embarking in San Diego as well, so this information is helpful.  Much appreciated!

6 hours ago, oaktreerb said:

Plus Club Orange privileges apply to all in the cabin (3rd or 4th guest too if booked) even though it is only charged for 1st and 2nd guests.  That differs from the HIA package that only applies to the 1st and 2nd guest even if you have a 3rd or 4th booked.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Not 5 Star Mariners and above? Not Neptune  and Pinnacle Suite passengers?

and above.  Stands to reason.  I’m not above yet.  I was speaking of my experience.  Priority printed on the boarding pass meant nothing to the staff and I had highlighted  it on my boarding pass.  The person I spoke to said it is hard for the staff to see 4* on the boarding pass.

Edited by oaktreerb

In San Diego for Holland America, Disney, and Princess:

All luggage is collected, moved into the terminal and scanned, then loaded into rolling bins according to deck number.

The only time a "Priority" tag might make a difference is when that cart is unloaded onboard down your hallway.

David

• Like 1