2 cabin move up question

Has anyone been upgraded using move up with 2 cabins and if so, did they keep them relatively close together? We currently have side by side cabins with our 2 sons, 19 and 16yo and would like to put a big on concierge class cabins, but are worried about being far away from them if we do that.  The cabins are linked so i was wondering if that maybe helps keep them somewhat together?  We dont care if they are side by side, but would like to keep them on the same floor if possible.  We did this last year on NCL and got the upgrade, but they ended up on a floor below us.  Understandably though because we went from a balcony to penthouse suites and there are only 4 of those on each floor of the ship we were on. This time we arent trying to change the room type, just add concierge so we hopefully have better luck getting some of the times we want at the restaurants.  thx

We won a moveup bid on a recent cruise with 2 linked cabins and found out each move up is considered independent of each other and there's no guarantee the new cabin will be assigned in close proximity to the other linked cabin. In our situation we started with a C3 and an inside. The inside won the bid and was moved to a C1 2 floors up. We called Celebrity and explained our need to be in close proximity to the other cabin. We were fortunate that they were able to identify 2 concierge cabins down the hall from each other and they made the switch for us. They said they can't guarantee this would work out again in the future, but were happy to make an adjustment where possible. 

5 hours ago, 20165 said:

Has anyone been upgraded using move up with 2 cabins and if so, did they keep them relatively close together? We currently have side by side cabins with our 2 sons, 19 and 16yo and would like to put a big on concierge class cabins, but are worried about being far away from them if we do that.  The cabins are linked so i was wondering if that maybe helps keep them somewhat together?  We dont care if they are side by side, but would like to keep them on the same floor if possible.  We did this last year on NCL and got the upgrade, but they ended up on a floor below us.  Understandably though because we went from a balcony to penthouse suites and there are only 4 of those on each floor of the ship we were on. This time we arent trying to change the room type, just add concierge so we hopefully have better luck getting some of the times we want at the restaurants.  thx

Be careful because I think you need to have your kids next to you or across the hall from you. If one of you get a move up and the other doesn’t, you could be in trouble.  

Also I don’t think that getting a concierge class stateroom gets you any real priority in dining preferences so don’t look for that to happen.

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

Be careful because I think you need to have your kids next to you or across the hall from you. If one of you get a move up and the other doesn’t, you could be in trouble.  

Also I don’t think that getting a concierge class stateroom gets you any real priority in dining preferences so don’t look for that to happen.

Actually, that was our main concern on our NCL cruise last year given our kids were 18 and 15 in their own cabin and they were now on a different floor with our upgrade.  No one said a word about it pre cruise and during our boarding. During about day 3, i asked our butler why no one said anything about our kids saying in a cabin on a different floor than ours and he said no one cares unless someone complains.  Meaning our kids were bring loud or disruptive at night.  I actually asked him if that was similar on other cruise lines given we cruise RCL a year earlier and he said yes, there is nothing automatic calling out people under 18 in their systems after the initial booking and they get upgraded.

In regards to Concierge room getting us priority service at the restaurants, this is why we were looking at it.  Per their website. 

Concierge Class Stateroom with Infinite VerandaExperience More Comfort In Concierge Class Stateroom:  

Little details make a world of difference. Step inside and discover a space that's so much more than a room - it's an experience. As a Concierge Class guest, your team of dedicated professionals will take care of all your vacation needs.

• Personalized concierge service, including exclusive destination seminars
  • Main specialty restaurant seating time preferences 
  • Welcome sparkling wine and fresh fruit, plus daily delectable delights
  • Pillow menu
  • Size: 202 sq. ft. plus 42 sq. ft. veranda
  • Sleeps up to 4

Just my opinion and comments for what they are worth.

Don't count on any priority with dining reservations.  Not even sure what a "Main specialty restaurant" is.  Is it the MDR, or a specialty restaurant? The concierge service is meh. Sparkling wine, so so. You can get fresh fruit from room service or the buffet.  We've always found the pears to be no where close to ripe, bananas over ripe. Just ask your cabin attendant for a different pillow. Unless it is an M class ship the cabins are no bigger. Whey do you need a cabin to sleep 4 if there are only 2 of you in the cabin?

There is no guarantee you would get both upgraded.  What if your kids do and you don't?

Food for thought.