Port Canaveral Yacht Club Tent

bac513

Does anyone have a photo of the location of the Yacht Club tent at CT 10? If not location, where to pull in to drop bags.  I understand it is at the bottom of the escalator, but need to try to avoid being directed to drop bags at the wrong location.

Thanks.

You are right that it is near the escalator.  There's a turn around area that you can drive through but as I saw it, the porters were standing in the center area between the parking lot and the drive way so you'd have to pull up along side the curb nearest the escalator which means your car would loop around like you are on your way out (back to the parking area) and then stop when you see the tent.  In other words don't stop in the area leading in, follow the loop to the drop off area on the way out.  Sorry I don't have a pic to accompany my very confusing explanation. 😳 As we only had one bag each, we rolled our luggage up to the tent ourselves.

I pass the area where the regulars drop their luggage off and continue straight past the escalators, loop right continuing to the backside by the YC Greeting Table.  Drop off luggage, have wife check-in while you park the car in the PC lot.  Then its a 4 min walk back to the escalator’s.  Seamless process for us each time we cruise in the YC.

1 hour ago, bac513 said:

Thanks, but I am a little confused (I.e. brain dead). Are you referring to the turn around in the parking area or the one where the road ends?

As you arrive at the port, you will make a U-turn (left turn) and the porters will direct you to your right (passenger side). Open the window and say "Yacht Club" and the porters will direct you forward and you will make another U-turn (right turn) which will put you closer to the side of the ship. You will pull into one of the spots, unload your bags, and probably give your name to the person at the white tent.... 

port-canaveral-terminal-10-map.jpg

...from there, you will make another U-turn (right turn) and head towards the parking garage that is on your left. 

While you may want to park right in front of the Yacht Club tent to drop your bags that is not really necessary. All the porters know there is a Yacht Club bag drop at the white tent. When you are directed to pull in just inform the porter you are Yacht Club. They will bring your bags to the white tent. You can confirm this when you sign in with the pier agent at the tent. The Yacht Club bag carts are right behind the tent so you can visually confirm that they are loaded on the correct cart.