Crown Princess OV rooms

shiner6

Can anyone tell me if there is a difference between Oceanview and Inside cabins other than a window? Are they both the same size?  I am trying to book a cabin, but do not necessarily want to pay for a balcony, since I rarely use it.  I would like to hear from people who have actually stayed in both.  I have had Balcony,  Mini-Suite and inside cabins, but never an OV.  Thank you for your help.

There "maybe" inside sideways cabins (not verified).

My preference is inside/ocean view Plaza Deck mid-forward (not forward forward) or inside aft on the deck below lido...which will take you up a few steps to the aft lido deck.  I think there is a porthole ocean view on this same deck too.  I am not a balcony user either.

Size wise is the same square footage.  Stay away from 3/4 person cabins.  The bunks are attached to the walls and are horrible!

• Like 1

My favorite is inside/Balcony aft.  I Just love this location, but I hardly ever use the balcony, so it seems like a waste for me. I'd rather spend the extra on board having fun.  I was trying to decide if an OV would give me more space than an inside.

I am not an expert.   But, with no clear answers here, I will try to help.

I believe that the Ocean View cabins on Emerald deck are laid out like standard balcony cabins.  The bed is on the side wall.  With the curtains and a window where the balcony door would be.  As shown above.

On Plaza deck, they can be the smaller Inside cabin layout, with the window above the bed on the back 'outside' wall.

I know there have been exceptions to this.

I do not know if there are exceptions to this.

I have seen some cabins with the balcony cabin layout on Plaza deck on other ships.

But, I do not know if there are these exceptions on Plaza deck on the Crown/Emerald/Ruby.

You can search online for cabin photos and cabin tours to see what comes up.

Edited by Wishing on a star
  • Like 1

Do not get a "far forward" Plaza deck OV. They are weird and extra skinny because the ship curves inward there. I did it once and it was the absolutely worst cabin (by far!) that we have ever had. It was P328. Nope, nope, nope. Never again.

On Coral we always book a specific OV cabin and it's great. I've had one or two other OV cabins and they are the same as an inside except for the window. There are a few cabins listed as Obstructed OV that have zero obstructions but they are generally sold out very quickly.

On our cruise departing December 2nd (only 4 more days!!!) we actually booked an inside as it's all the way aft on Riviera deck and my wife loves that aft pool. It's just a few steps out to the pool and there is a bar right there and a few steps up to the rear entrance of the buffet. I know that I will definitely miss the daylight but this cabin saved a few bucks over the balcony I was going to book and it made my wife happy. (That last part is a significant point. 🙂)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

Do not get a "far forward" Plaza deck OV. They are weird and extra skinny because the ship curves inward there. I did it once and it was the absolutely worst cabin (by far!) that we have ever had. It was P328. Nope, nope, nope. Never again.

On Coral we always book a specific OV cabin and it's great. I've had one or two other OV cabins and they are the same as an inside except for the window. There are a few cabins listed as Obstructed OV that have zero obstructions but they are generally sold out very quickly.

On our cruise departing December 2nd (only 4 more days!!!) we actually booked an inside as it's all the way aft on Riviera deck and my wife loves that aft pool. It's just a few steps out to the pool and there is a bar right there and a few steps up to the rear entrance of the buffet. I know that I will definitely miss the daylight but this cabin saved a few bucks over the balcony I was going to book and it made my wife happy. (That last part is a significant point. 🙂)

I have the far aft inside cabin near the aft pool also, it is my favorite place.

We just got off the Caribbean Princess and had an obstructed view deck 8 , room E 119 and loved it. Bed on side wall. Exact pic posted by Purple Traveller.They close off the steps at dusk and the Windows have a coating so no one sees in ( I went out and looked) We could look out over the bow and even down to some water view . I am not sure I would go any further forward as rooms say for four and have this awful bunks. They also may be smaller. Some sailings we don' t worry about balconies and this was one of those times. Worked  for us and saved some $.