Sydney Super Shuttle

20 minutes ago, arxcards said:

As mentioned, we are a bit loose with the term Limo here.

Nice sedan, clean & polished, leather seats, BMW/Mercedes/Audi etc.

The only limo I would want in peak hour to the four seasons would have Sydney trains written on the side.

1 hour ago, buchhalm said:

I find that a bit weird. There are always drivers with signs inside the airport.

And perhaps don't expect a STRETCHED limousine. It's probably something like a nice BMW or Lexus....

How much help do you need? How much luggage are you bringing?

The taxi rank is 100 m from the exit.

$170 seems to be excessive.

*but the Four Seasons is lovely. Make sure to have dinner at Mode Kitchen and Bar. It's lovely *

Yes, hotel's Live Chat mentioned it is not a Stretched limousine.

We have two 28" luggage and two 22" carryon.  Both of us have knee problems, so not comfortable to walk too far.  Also arms not too strong, so try not having to lift the luggages up and down too many times.    ☺️

Definitely will try out the Mode Kitchen.

5 hours ago, chubbypiggy said:

Did you pay with cash or credit card?  If credit card, how much additional service charge for using the card?  

We will arrive on Monday morning also, probably also around 8 a.m. before getting to the taxi line.  Was a long walk to the taxi line from exit of luggage pickup?  Was it easy to get a taxi?  

Thank you.

We paid in cash, could have used card. I don't know if there is a charge for credit cards but probably is as everywhere in Sydney seems to charge.(big surprise to us as it's illegal to charge in UK).

Taxi rank was right outside the door of international terminal, no queue and driver was very pleasant.

40 minutes ago, kernow said:

We paid in cash, could have used card. I don't know if there is a charge for credit cards but probably is as everywhere in Sydney seems to charge.(big surprise to us as it's illegal to charge in UK).

Taxi rank was right outside the door of international terminal, no queue and driver was very pleasant.

Different here. You pay one way or another, whether build into the fare or listed as a separate charge. At least as an added % fee, those that pay cash aren't subsidising the card costs of those using cards like they would if those costs were built into the fare.

The fees are real, and what the banking system here charges businesses for transacting on their credit card systems. Anyone who accepts card payments incurs a fee from their bank, and they can choose whether to build it into their price or add it on separately. They can only charge you to cover their own cost and it is illegal for them to profit from card fees.

Yes, taxis charge a card fee for paying your fare with credit card. I can't recall the %, but somewhere in the order of 2%. The good news is that you don't need to add any state taxes or tips to the fare as is customary in other parts of the world.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kernow said:

Thank you.

2 hours ago, arxcards said:

Different here. You pay one way or another, whether build into the fare or listed as a separate charge. At least as an added % fee, those that pay cash aren't subsidising the card costs of those using cards like they would if those costs were built into the fare.

The fees are real, and what the banking system here charges businesses for transacting on their credit card systems. Anyone who accepts card payments incurs a fee from their bank, and they can choose whether to build it into their price or add it on separately. They can only charge you to cover their own cost and it is illegal for them to profit from card fees.

Yes, taxis charge a card fee for paying your fare with credit card. I can't recall the %, but somewhere in the order of 2%. The good news is that you don't need to add any state taxes or tips to the fare as is customary in other parts of the world.

Yes, I understand. We have a business ourselves and have to build it into our costs. We used to be allowed to charge for credit cards but not debit. Banks used to charge us a much higher rate for credit cards, just nominal for debit. Our government changed the law so no costs could be directly passed on, and tried to force banks to charge less. Of course now the banks just lowered the credit rate a bit but upped the debit charge. Banks still make their money, we have to build the rate into our costs but the price you see is the price you pay which is how people like it in the UK😀.

I actually prefer to pay in cash, especially on holiday but as we are having a much longer stay in Sydney than we anticipated we are now onto using cards.

• Like 1