Bayonne, NJ parking and height restrictions

exm

Hi,

I'm going in January out of Bayonne on a RC cruise. My car with the roof box attached will be around 90" and it looks like the garage has a 88" restriction: "The height restriction of the garage is 7’ 4”. There is an open lot adjacent to the parking garage to accommodate vehicles with height restrictions."

Has anyone have any experience with this "open lot"?

1 hour ago, exm said:

Hi,

I'm going in January out of Bayonne on a RC cruise. My car with the roof box attached will be around 90" and it looks like the garage has a 88" restriction: "The height restriction of the garage is 7’ 4”. There is an open lot adjacent to the parking garage to accommodate vehicles with height restrictions."

Has anyone have any experience with this "open lot"?

Two experiences.  One good, one not so good.  As long as there are no hurricanes you should be fine.

Prior to the construction of the current terminal and parking deck, everyone parked in the open lot.  During the cruise, storm surge from Hurricane Sandy flooded the parking and a lot of cars were impacted, including ours.  

On the bright side, Mrs. Jones did (and still does) enjoy her new ride.  Also, we always park on level 2 or higher in the parking deck.

• Like 1

We parked in the open lot and did not have an issue with getting in and out of the lot or with security.  We were there in an earlier part of the year so did not have to worry about snow but did have to deal with rain. 

We used to always park at open lot till they build garage. Now we mostly (sometimes up to 5 times a year) park in garage, but this year parked once at open lot as garage was full. Everything was fine.

49 minutes ago, Tatka said:

We used to always park at open lot till they build garage. Now we mostly (sometimes up to 5 times a year) park in garage, but this year parked once at open lot as garage was full. Everything was fine.

Before the garage cars would  soemtimes get painted from painting nearby when parked in the open. They paid to remove the paint and did a good job of it. 

• 4 weeks later...

Got my roof rack mounted and it seems to be 86-88” (not easy to measure). So hopefully we are okay! I assume that Royal has a few inches buffer also in their 88” height requirement 

70BE5547-CFA2-4A0E-B7DF-76D099E8FC9B.jpeg

I contacted the facility and this is the answer: The entrance to the garage is 7'4'. But, as soon as you enter the garage, the height restriction is 6'7', so that won’t work. I probably will remove the roof box and store it in the car. It’s pretty easy to attach.

9 hours ago, exm said:

Got my roof rack mounted and it seems to be 86-88” (not easy to measure). So hopefully we are okay! I assume that Royal has a few inches buffer also in their 88” height requirement 

70BE5547-CFA2-4A0E-B7DF-76D099E8FC9B.jpeg

Why would you assume that?  When someone is smart enough to advise of significant limitations the intelligent thing is to assume that they mean what they say.

25 minutes ago, navybankerteacher said:

Why would you assume that?  When someone is smart enough to advise of significant limitations the intelligent thing is to assume that they mean what they say.

Moot point. See my later update.