MSC Booking question

juancarlosgarciasanchez

Hello -

Two questions

A group of six adults have booked on MSC Meraviglia and during the check-in process under "TRAVEL WITH", one couple is unable to join the rest of us and the error messages states; "There must be at least one cabin with the Fantastica experience". When I contacted MSC, they advised we couldn't combine the booking numbers in order to eat together as a group of six since one booking DID NOT have the drinking package. Anyway around this only so that our group can dine together ?

What is included / not included in the EASY PLUS PACKAGE ?

THANKS Juan

That’s strange. Maybe they have changed their policy but we dined with friends who didn’t have the package. We had done the “travel with” thing before cruising. It used to be that everyone in your room must purchase the package not everyone you wish to dine with. 
Easyplus includes all drinks $9 and under. We’ve had it twice and again next month. It’s a good package. 

I would not “join” cabins on web site. Once you board go to dining room (paperwork you receive when you board will tell you which one and time) and someone will be there taking requests and ask to be assigned a table for six.
About drink package - lots of threads on this site that give lots of details. 

Edited by cellfree

3 hours ago, juancarlosgarciasanchez said:

Hello -

Two questions

A group of six adults have booked on MSC Meraviglia and during the check-in process under "TRAVEL WITH", one couple is unable to join the rest of us and the error messages states; "There must be at least one cabin with the Fantastica experience". When I contacted MSC, they advised we couldn't combine the booking numbers in order to eat together as a group of six since one booking DID NOT have the drinking package. Anyway around this only so that our group can dine together ?

What is included / not included in the EASY PLUS PACKAGE ?

THANKS Juan

Don't call.  Your booking could easily get screwed up.

Email? Lol I have a 100+ plus emails on several items and nothing.

Lousy customer service. Do it onboard.

2 hours ago, mawvkysc said:

Just a thought if they won’t link the non beverage package cabin a table for four right next to a table for two is pretty much a table for six. Or three two tops side by side. The spacing is close. 

BC50C881-EED0-42E8-8F29-E403B854F390.jpeg

Not only can they push the tables together, but they can change the table numbers.

On our recent Grandiosa cruise, we preferred another table next to our assigned table.  The Matire'D said, "No problem, I can easily fix that" and swapped the table number placards.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

Not only can they push the tables together, but they can change the table numbers.

On our recent Grandiosa cruise, we preferred another table next to our assigned table.  The Matire'D said, "No problem, I can easily fix that" and swapped the table number placards.

I wish our Maitre D would’ve thought  of that. We asked on night 2 to switch to the table by the window as the occupants didn’t show up for dinner the first night. As it technically was assigned to someone he said no but that he could move us to another table in another area. We didn’t want to leave our waiter though. Fortunately for all three nights they were a no show and we could pretty much see out of the window from our table. If it ever happens again I’ll know to float that idea by him.