Passenger smoking cannabis

Sea38

Just a couple of comments to some of your posts -

• if we had confronted the person and they turned nasty wouldn’t Royal have said we should have reported it to them and not taken matters into our own hands?

• after reporting it to an Officer and nothing being done taking them photo evidence seem to be the only way of getting some resolution so we could then enjoy our balcony

• after Roybthered posted he experienced the same on his holiday, this goes to show this wasn’t an isolated incident of how they deal with confrontation.

Take this post as a heads up that when you book & cruise on Oasis just be prepared for this kind of reaction when you report an issue on your holiday

Edited by Sea38

4 hours ago, Coralc said:

No one cares here in CA. It is either your neighbors smoking pot outside or the stinky actual skunk in the backyard. And people smoked on their balconies before the ban, and no one died or had a hissy, so I don't really see what the big issue is? I follow the rules, don't smoke weed, but I don't see why people make such a big fuss about what other people do. 

As I said in my other post (as did others) we didn't pay for a balcony to smell smoke while trying to use it.  That's the big deal and why most care.  I also cared before they banned it as it's not like the smoke just stops where their balcony ends.   We haven't reported anyone yet but will if it is a nuisance.  I have, however said loudly that smoking is not allowed on balconies when I have smelled it.   Not sure what people in CA care about has to do with a cruise ship that has very specific rules.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, ace2542 said:

You mean a woman who got the offender banned for life from Royal, Celeb and Azamara by following him around and taking his picture and repeatedly causing trouble for him? She can spit teeth

I doubt that anyone would get a life ban on these cruise lines for smoking on the balcony. If the person cant follow the rules a second time after being warned, maybe. I belive that aperson who punches the teeth out of people and/or murdering them by throwing them overboard for reporting smoking on the balcony should be more worried about the electric chair in Florida than getting banned from cruiselines.. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, UnregisteredUser said:

I doubt that anyone would get a life ban on these cruise lines for smoking on the balcony. If the person cant follow the rules a second time after being warned, maybe. I belive that aperson who punches the teeth out of people and/or murdering them by throwing them overboard for reporting smoking on the balcony should be more worried about the electric chair in Florida than getting banned from cruiselines.. 

Smoking weed or doing drugs you probably would get a life ban from the entire group. But it doesn't matter what we think it only matters what Royal thinks and they don't seem to want to deal with anything like that for whatever reason.

16 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

Smoking weed or doing drugs you probably would get a life ban from the entire group. But it doesn't matter what we think it only matters what Royal thinks and they don't seem to want to deal with anything like that for whatever reason.

There have been cases where they have arrested people in ports for having drugs in their possession and in their cabin on the ship.  Some port authorities can and have brought dogs aboard.  It's been reported on here over the years.  It's more frowned upon in most of the Caribbean than it is in the US.

I am really not surprised by the reactions to the OP's post.  There are a lot of people coming to the defense of someone breaking not one but two rules.  

Smoking is prohibited, and for a good reason, anywhere except designated smoking areas.  

Illegal drugs, which like it or not marijuana is still illegal in a lot of countries and on ships, are not permitted onboard.  

What do you think would have happened if the OP had simply waited until the ship was in port, walked off the ship and reported that someone in cabin ## had illegal drugs.   I bet that would have gotten Royal's attention quickly. 

OP, I would have been quite annoyed too.   I'd have expected a refund of the difference between a balcony and interior, since that is what you effectively had.   

I'd have never talked to that person myself.   He KNEW what he was doing was wrong.   I'd have completely expected him to be violent when confronted.   In fact, maybe that is why they didn't do anything, the crew was scared of him too.   I'm a wimpy woman who could be easily beaten by any woman willing to throw a punch.   I'd have tried to stop DH from talking to him, although DH can handle himself.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, island lady said:

Even in Jamaica?  😉 

Jamaica has very strict laws about drugs.  Until the last couple of years, it was illegal to possess, sell or grow pot. There have been some reforms.

Edited by BND