Mediterranean cruise

doones2

This will be our first time cruising the Mediterranean, Spain, Italy and France.  It will be the middle of May and I have no idea what type of clothes I should pack for our excursions.  Only one sea day so lots of bathing suits are not needed.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, doones2 said:

This will be our first time cruising the Mediterranean, Spain, Italy and France.  It will be the middle of May and I have no idea what type of clothes I should pack for our excursions.  Only one sea day so lots of bathing suits are not needed.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated 

We sailed Trans-Atlantic and north Med: Gibralter/Spain/France/Italy in Apr - May 2015. 

I packed one-each of everything from a camisole to a wool cardigan. And I wore it all!

image.jpeg.9ae47c92173cbfa75b96f187f228dc70.jpeg

image.jpeg.6aab2042477d3a5ab72153ad49d87ced.jpeg

Also 

https://weatherspark.com/

For historical weather factors!

As crystalspin says, you could find warmer weather in Spain and southern Italy and moderate (not cool) weather in France or northern Italy. With temperatures seemingly rising in Europe during summer, I would tend to pack more for warmer than cooler days. A cardigan or fleece or lightweight rain jacket can be used if it is cooler in the morning.

I tend to wear ankle pants or cropped pants when sightseeing, with short-sleeved or 3/4 sleeved shirts. In the last couple of years I see lots of women wearing cute skirts and dresses though (both Europeans and tourists) and that makes a nice option if you prefer them to pants. (I don't!).  A good lightweight raincoat is almost always useful.

Most of my Med cruises have been in the spring or fall; the weather is generally very pleasant as long as you're not planning to go and bake on the beaches.

Also just a note that a number of churches (including the Vatican) require that knees and shoulders be covered if you want to enter. Hence, shorts and sleeveless shirts/dresses aren't your best option.

On our med cruise in mid may 2019 we had a lot of rain!! Some of you may remember my review the one where i discovered my Sketchers were not waterproof!! So make sure you take waterproof footwear, a foldaway raincoat and a small umbrella for excursions. I have since purchased waterproof sketchers but have yet to put them to the test!! As mentioned by cruisemom42 above for visiting churches or religious sites you will need a shoulder cover up as a miniumum, a pashmina or large cotton scarf will suffice. HTH

• Thanks 1