Dining Packages — Prepurchase?

New2cruise2022

The best rule of thumb is purchase your Specialty Restaurant Packages, Vibe Beach Club, Upgraded Drink Package, Unlimited Internet and Excursions pre-cruise.  If you don't want them cancel them just prior to the sailing.  For reference.  When I am in the Haven, I usually have two to three Specialty Restaurants.  Two from the original Free at Sea and One from American Express Platinum. When I am not in the Haven, I have four or five Specialty Meals pre-done.  Just me.  All things are relative. 

Since you are somewhat new, may I suggest you look up the details for the new "Free At Sea PLUS" add on.  Just read what it gives and consider from their.  

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

Edited by Sthrngary
  • Like 1

I recall there being a regular package price and a "special" price offered early on.  The "special" one was a bit cheaper than the regular, but I think it was only a 2 package ($70 or so instead of the $106).  Full warning, this is just based on my memory.  No sure if they still offer this, as it is long gone from my next cruise.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

The best rule of thumb is purchase your Specialty Restaurant Packages, Vibe Beach Club, Upgraded Drink Package, Unlimited Internet and Excursions pre-cruise.  If you don't want them cancel them just prior to the sailing.  For reference.  When I am in the Haven, I usually have two to three Specialty Restaurants.  Two from the original Free at Sea and One from American Express Platinum. When I am not in the Haven, I have four or five Specialty Meals pre-done.  Just me.  All things are relative. 

Since you are somewhat new, may I suggest you look up the details for the new "Free At Sea PLUS" add on.  Just read what it gives and consider from their.  

Thanks, Gary. I already did FAS+ (thanks to your advice in other threads) but have two minor children traveling with me. I will wait until after they learn about their Christmas gift and see if they want to be with me and my friend for all of our dinners or if they just want to be independent teenagers going to the buffet and MDR and doing whatever they please. 

Always a pleasure to have your input. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, scooter6139 said:

I recall there being a regular package price and a "special" price offered early on.  The "special" one was a bit cheaper than the regular, but I think it was only a 2 package ($70 or so instead of the $106).  Full warning, this is just based on my memory.  No sure if they still offer this, as it is long gone from my next cruise.

I believe $70 is the free at sea meal upgrade price, and $106 is the 2 meal precruise purchase price. 🤷🏿‍♂️ 

I want to pre purchase with the $70 upgrade price but am concerned that I won’t be able to get reservations on board.  Cagney and Le Bistro are no longer accepting reservations for our upcoming cruise in 4 weeks l.  I think we will have a full cruise and reservations will be tight. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

Amex Platinum gives you an extra specialty dining?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, fastpitchdad said:

Amex Platinum gives you an extra specialty dining?

For Balcony's or higher categories, Amex Platinum gives up to $300.00 per cabin in OBC and Dinner for two at the French Restaurant. Make sure your agent is an Amex participating agent. 

9 hours ago, S&DMOM said:

I want to pre purchase with the $70 upgrade price but am concerned that I won’t be able to get reservations on board.  Cagney and Le Bistro are no longer accepting reservations for our upcoming cruise in 4 weeks l.  I think we will have a full cruise and reservations will be tight. 

Call NCL, explain your issue and ask when the last moment you can cancel the package.  Only NCL can give you the best advice on this one. 

Cruise Well and enjoy every moment. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

Call NCL, explain your issue and ask when the last moment you can cancel the package.  Only NCL can give you the best advice on this one. 

Cruise Well and enjoy every moment. 

While you are at it, ask the NCL agent if they can see any openings. When I called to make reservations, they could see things that I couldn’t online. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1