Arrival time Port Everglades/picking up medallion at the port or mailing?

irisheileen

Hi everyone! Today is December 2nd 2022 and we are sailing out of Port Everglades for a 10-day Panama canal cruise on the Caribbean on January 7th. We are snowbirds in Florida in which we will arrive January 1st. We will be home in Pennsylvania until then. I mention this because I'm not sure when it would arrive/what address I should use.

My question is: right now I have it set up with our travel agent to pick up the medallion at the port itself.

*Will that delay our assigned "arrival time"? We will be able to be at the port as early as 10:00 a.m. if need be because we want to run up to the sanctuary and book a cabana or whatever we could get. I cannot sit in the sun! I'm working through a travel agent so I can't find out when my arrival time is or have this question answered, I think she has been on vacation since Tuesday before Thanksgiving! 😥 Our daughter, who booked online and not through the travel agent, has an arrival time already that she has. If our time is later can we just join her in her " line "? Not sure how all this works. Thanks in advance!

Edited by irisheileen
Added information

1 hour ago, irisheileen said:

Hi everyone! Today is December 2nd 2022 and we are sailing out of Port Everglades for a 10-day Panama canal cruise on the Caribbean on January 7th. We are snowbirds in Florida in which we will arrive January 1st. We will be home in Pennsylvania until then. I mention this because I'm not sure when it would arrive/what address I should use.

My question is: right now I have it set up with our travel agent to pick up the medallion at the port itself.

*Will that delay our assigned "arrival time"? We will be able to be at the port as early as 10:00 a.m. if need be because we want to run up to the sanctuary and book a cabana or whatever we could get. I cannot sit in the sun! I'm working through a travel agent so I can't find out when my arrival time is or have this question answered, I think she has been on vacation since Tuesday before Thanksgiving! 😥 Our daughter, who booked online and not through the travel agent, has an arrival time already that she has. If our time is later can we just join her in her " line "? Not sure how all this works. Thanks in advance!

You could order the medallion to arrive at your home in PA, as they usually arrive 10-14 days before sail date. If for some reason you do not get them before you leave, no worries!  You can pick up at the port…..very easy and takes a couple of minutes.  Not a big deal at all.  

You can certainly pick an arrival time to match your daughter’s time.  If it’s not available, again….no big deal.  Just go with your daughter.  They are not restrictive on arrival times at all.  No one asks.

FT Lauderdale is a very easy port for embarking and disembarking.  

Enjoy your cruise!

10 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

You could order the medallion to arrive at your home in PA, as they usually arrive 10-14 days before sail date. If for some reason you do not get them before you leave, no worries!  You can pick up at the port…..very easy and takes a couple of minutes.  Not a big deal at all.  

You can certainly pick an arrival time to match your daughter’s time.  If it’s not available, again….no big deal.  Just go with your daughter.  They are not restrictive on arrival times at all.  No one asks.

FT Lauderdale is a very easy port for embarking and disembarking.  

Enjoy your cruise!

😍 Thank you! I think I'll have it mailed to Pennsylvania If you're saying I don't get it in time they won't deny me at the port. And there's not a separate line for that pickup is that correct? Just the one check in? Thanks again

1 hour ago, irisheileen said:

😍 Thank you! I think I'll have it mailed to Pennsylvania If you're saying I don't get it in time they won't deny me at the port. And there's not a separate line for that pickup is that correct? Just the one check in? Thanks again

Absolutely, you would not be denied.  A lot of people pickup at the port, like Canadians and overseas guests too.

There are several lines, like Elite/Suites and really it goes very fast.  

At the port, if you need To pick up, you just tell them you need to pickup your medallions and they direct you to the right line. It’s a checkin counter area.

I’ve picked up there before, because it didn’t arrive in time.  It took about 2 mins.

Don’t worry.

Over the holidays, they mail out a little earlier, because the mail is slower.  

Do not worry about it…no big deal.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Absolutely, you would not be denied.  A lot of people pickup at the port, like Canadians and overseas guests too.

There are several lines, like Elite/Suites and really it goes very fast.  

At the port, if you need To pick up, you just tell them you need to pickup your medallions and they direct you to the right line. It’s a checkin counter area.

I’ve picked up there before, because it didn’t arrive in time.  It took about 2 mins.

Don’t worry.

Over the holidays, they mail out a little earlier, because the mail is slower.  

Do not worry about it…no big deal.

Thanks I appreciate your help.

As Canadians, we have never had the option to have medallions shipped to our home address.  We can only pick up at the port.

My experience with 6 medallion cruises now is that it takes about 30 secs to 1 minute extra for us to get the medallions over those who arrive at the terminal with theirs in hand.  The rep simply goes over to a box, thumbs through the file system, and pulls out a bag with our lanyards and medallions.

To me it is no big deal.

Don

We just got off of the Enchanted and we had to pick ours up at the port.  We had selected to have it mailed, but there was some sort of glitch and several of us on the roll call received emails that it had shipped, but when we went on the app it said "pick up at port" and we ALL had the same tracking number, lol.  Needless to say, none of us that had the bogus tracking number received anything.

But, I have to say it didn't slow us down at all.  When we walked in, we never waited in line.  We were handed our medallions and we just kept walking and walked right onto the ship.   Easy Peasy, no worries!

Have a great cruise!

I have picked up the medallions at the port for the last 4 cruises,

It takes 30-60 seconds, if that. 

The medallions are well organized and the cruise rep is able to grab them quickly. It doesn’t add more time to the check in process. 

While we have *usually* set it up to receive via mail in the past, we are leaning towards just doing the terminal pickup route.  One less thing to worry about leaving at home!  (And even *that* is not a big deal either!  They'll just make you another one.)

On 12/2/2022 at 11:48 AM, irisheileen said:

The TA has nothing to do with setting up arrival times or ordering Medallions.

It reads to me like either one of two things:

(1) you are unaware of the Princess Medallion App, or have not set it up for your cruise.

or..

(2) you are using the MC App, but are unaware that the App contains both Medallion ordering function with options and allows you to select an Arrival Group (& time).

Suggest you get familiar with the MC App.  It is where you make dining reservations.  Or did your daughter setup dining for all of you? 

And you do not need to ask a TA about arrival times - you can call Princess and use the phone option tree to get connected with someone who can help you with the MC App (it is just called Princess App now in the Play Store and in your phone).

Finally, Arrival Time/Group doesn't have any meaning in reality as you can just show up at your convenience for check-in processing.

Show up when you want as you do not need to pick an arrival time. If you do pick one, it does not matter either.

But you cannot pick up your medallion until around 11 AM.

And if you do not have elite status or in a full suite, you will not be among the first to board for that race to book the Sanctuary or a cabana.