Royal Caribbean Onboard Muzak: Christmas Play List

Btank

Ok, a fun and pointless question: where could I find the playlist for the background music on RCL's US-based Christmas sailings?  Particularly last year.

This is necessary for an argument with my friends about what the most annoying Christmas song in the world is.  I intend to win. 🤣

thx...     --bruce T.

11 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

Let me ask a related question, please.   When will the Christmas music on the ships stop?  On a cruise from the 22nd until the 31st and find pretty much most of them qualify for the “most annoying”.

The loud bouncy piped in music drives me crazy.  I was walking the Radiance this morning trying to find a quiet place.  I was good to go aft of Windjammer on 11 - then it opened.at 0700.  Just a guess - data required - does it bother the staff also?  I have to  think background music is required  by some HQ policy manual.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AtSeaAlways said:

The loud bouncy piped in music drives me crazy.

Hence my original post. 🤣  There is one song in particular that is particularly grating...

--bruce T.

55 minutes ago, Btank said:

Hence my original post. 🤣  There is one song in particular that is particularly grating...

--bruce T.

For me.. it is the Mariah Carey "All I want for Christmas" song... UGH . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My hubs says the worst one in the history of Christmas is "All I want for Christmas is You"  Ha ha I just saw Mikew's post HA HA.  I just think they overplay it so much and everyone gets tired of it...although it's the main song from one of my all time favorite Christmas Movies...Love Actually!

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Mikew0805 said:

For me.. it is the Mariah Carey "All I want for Christmas" song... UGH . 

That's high on my list, but that's not it.  The one I'm thinking of is kind of a techno-beat with an autotuned female singing "Merry Christmas" and random forgettable lyrics.  It may be from one of the holiday movies that I try to avoid at all costs - everyone knows that the only REAL holiday movie other than "It's A Wonderful Life" is "Die Hard".😅

--bruce T.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Btank said:

That's high on my list, but that's not it.  The one I'm thinking of is kind of a techno-beat with an autotuned female singing "Merry Christmas" and random forgettable lyrics.  It may be from one of the holiday movies that I try to avoid at all costs - everyone knows that the only REAL holiday movie other than "It's A Wonderful Life" is "Die Hard".😅

--bruce T.

What is funny is there is another version of "All I want for Christmas is You," that happens to be my favorite Christmas song.  It's by Vince Vance & The Valiants... I think early 1990's.  Much different vibe.

• Like 1